New to me Boat!

ExFlyGuy

Picked up a new to me 1976 hourston 26' in Williams lake this afternoon!

Picked it up for a fraction of the asking price after finding the stringers are rotten, but I kind of expected that...

The good
-2006, 12000lbs triple axle trailer with torsion axles and oil bath hubs. Breaks work and trailer appears to be mint!
- 2012 Yamaha F200 with 260 hours. This thing looks like it just came out of the showroom and will be for sale as soon as I get a engine read out.
-seastar hydrolic steering.
-2007 mercury 9.9 kicker also will be for sale asap.
-came with 4 crab traps, a couple prawn traps and some manual down riggers.

The bad...
- it needs new stringers and maybe a new transom...
- going to need to be stripped and re painted.
-needs a new flotation pod and power.
- all my spare time is going into this thing for the foreseeable future.

20180412_193154_resized.jpg

I'm going to have to look into it more though because I'm pretty sure the G2 has built in steering? And i want the seastar set up for the kicker with a rear station.

nice score! u gunna keep the command bridge or toss it

The plan was to scrap it but when I told my wife that she said I should keep it and keep all our prawn and crab traps up there.

It is already unusable as a command bridge as there is no seats or second station for the seastar set up.

So to answer your question I don't know.

The plan was to scrap it but when I told my wife that she said I should keep it and keep all our prawn and crab traps up there.

It is already unusable as a command bridge as there is no seats or second station for the seastar set up.

So to answer your question I don't know.
It would rock less without the extra weight on top

I had a command bridge on my Bayliner Nisqually back in 78. Personally I loved it. The view is awesome and when you fish you really have a good perspective of your space. Not sure I’d chuck it. Just one mans view.

How many gallons is the fuel tank? I was thinking twins and a bigger fuel tank and that thing would be a beauty tuna killing machine..... :)

congrats! that thing will be a slayer in no time. im a no command bridge fan but understand if you want to dump traps and stuff up there would make sure or even maybe a alum basket that can be removed if need be... ?? lol you have enough work on the plate.

nice part is after you sell off those outboards you should have a fair amount of cash to start that project. Have you thought about maybe stealing some of the electronics off your other both to save the cost of buying new stuff again?

Welcome to the Hourston family. Should be the last boat you will ever need.

Back