New to BC fishing

T

troutbuster

Hi everyone, We have never fished in BC and what I would like to know is were is the best place to catch some fish. We will be in the Campbell River area for 12 days around the end of July , and are willing to go to other parts of the island to catch some fish. We see on this forum that Port Alberni sounds like a good place to go but is it still going to be good at that time? Or is there a better place to go to catch some salmon and halibut? We maybe renting a boat or looking at a charter we have not decided yet. Thank-you in advance for any info you can give us

Fishing lately in Campbell River has been poor-not worth either renting a boat or taking an overpriced charter to listen to stories about "the good ole days" which is you hear a lot of in CR
No Halibut except by accident in CR.
Since you'll be in the CR area your best bet is to contact one of the CR area charter outfits that operate on the 'Outside' of Vancouver Island-they can put you on fish much easier because that's where the fish are-Spring Salmon, Coho and Halibut.
Try http://www.westernanglers.ca
Whether it's Gold River Tahsis or Zeballos they're fishing from you'll do well and see a unique part of the world with no paper mill.
The site is a bit weird but they are top flight operators with a proven track record and quality equipment.Phoning them instead of sending an email is a better way to go-guys like them work hard all day long and might only check email once in a while but phone calls will be returned promptly.

that's why there's a warranty!

Fishing lately in Campbell River has been poor-not worth either renting a boat or taking an overpriced charter to listen to stories about "the good ole days" which is you hear a lot of in CR
No Halibut except by accident in CR.
Since you'll be in the CR area your best bet is to contact one of the CR area charter outfits that operate on the 'Outside' of Vancouver Island-they can put you on fish much easier because that's where the fish are-Spring Salmon, Coho and Halibut.
Try http://www.westernanglers.ca
Whether it's Gold River Tahsis or Zeballos they're fishing from you'll do well and see a unique part of the world with no paper mill.
The site is a bit weird but they are top flight operators with a proven track record and quality equipment.Phoning them instead of sending an email is a better way to go-guys like them work hard all day long and might only check email once in a while but phone calls will be returned promptly.

that's why there's a warranty!

I've been taking client up to Browns Bay for the last month and have been having moderate success,,,getting better week by week and also out to Port Alberni for Sockeye....and I don't think I'm overpriced at all........

boc

I've been taking client up to Browns Bay for the last month and have been having moderate success,,,getting better week by week and also out to Port Alberni for Sockeye....and I don't think I'm overpriced at all........

boc

Thanks for the heads up on CR guys , We will probably look at Port Alberni or maybe Gold River. The Sockeyes should be there but how about Springs, Pinks or Coho? Is it too early, too late or is there a chance to catch a mixed bag of salmon while we are there.
Thanx for all the info

Thanks for the heads up on CR guys , We will probably look at Port Alberni or maybe Gold River. The Sockeyes should be there but how about Springs, Pinks or Coho? Is it too early, too late or is there a chance to catch a mixed bag of salmon while we are there.
Thanx for all the info

Anything on the WESTCOAST will do, Sooke, Renfrew, Banfield, Tofino, Uculet..ect...

Thats Mr. Bags to you

Anything on the WESTCOAST will do, Sooke, Renfrew, Banfield, Tofino, Uculet..ect...

Thats Mr. Bags to you

Back