NEW Lowrance Plotter/Sounder

Team Tom

Has anyone had a chance to use one of the New Lowrance units yet?
I am looking to replace an older plotter, and maybe sell my Furno FCV600L Fishfinder to purchase a Lowrance combo unit. I am looking at either the LCX-19C or LCX 104C.
I am I doing the right thing?
Does the split screen work well, or are the screens too close together in rough water?
Also, what do you think about Garmins upper end units?
Any feedback will be appreciated.
Thanks!

Edited by - San Jaun Junkie on 05/22/2003 13:16:04

My buddy just picked up the new Lowrance unit, retailed about $4000.00 with a 12 inch monitor. All I got to say is wow. Crystal clear and shows everything!!! Just used it so far for prawning, can actually see the rope and the traps coming up from the bottom, all the bells and whistles too. We can't wait to try it offshore, maybe heading for swiftsure next weekend I'll let you know how it performs.

My buddy just picked up the new Lowrance unit, retailed about $4000.00 with a 12 inch monitor. All I got to say is wow. Crystal clear and shows everything!!! Just used it so far for prawning, can actually see the rope and the traps coming up from the bottom, all the bells and whistles too. We can't wait to try it offshore, maybe heading for swiftsure next weekend I'll let you know how it performs.

I just installed the new Lowrance LMS 3200 in both our boats, and have been using them for about a month. I love this unit!!
Its not a combo sounder, but for a small package gps, the detail on the maps is unbelievable. Lots of handy features for offshore fishing, wich is where we spend most of our time..
Like Roebags said, if youve got the loot, that new full feature combo unit is the ticket. Probably one of the nicest units Ive seen, but $4000.00 !!!! Yikes!!! Gotta sell a lot of trips to justify that one. It is on my wish list though..
Hey Bags, can you guys get the Playboy channel on that thing??

I just installed the new Lowrance LMS 3200 in both our boats, and have been using them for about a month. I love this unit!!
Its not a combo sounder, but for a small package gps, the detail on the maps is unbelievable. Lots of handy features for offshore fishing, wich is where we spend most of our time..
Like Roebags said, if youve got the loot, that new full feature combo unit is the ticket. Probably one of the nicest units Ive seen, but $4000.00 !!!! Yikes!!! Gotta sell a lot of trips to justify that one. It is on my wish list though..

Back