New home for the Sculpin...the boat shed thread.

Sculpin

Well some of you folks read about my late start this year and the reasons why etc. I decided to do something about it. I'm in the process of building a new home for the Sculpin. Nothing super fancy but heavy duty and functional just like her.

Here are some pics so far of the build. Not alot of space to put her here in the yard so I had to utilize some space up on the rock in the middle of the property.

IMG_1691.jpg

IMG_1702.jpg

IMG_1709.jpg

IMG_1708.jpg

There will be 4 frames total with angle iron tie in members to screw all the cladding to. It is 19.5' wide x 33' deep. Lot's of room to walk around and no chance of me hitting a wall while backing up (knock on wood).

I'll keep posting up the progression as the day's go by.

Cheers,
Sculpin

The main reason for this shed is to protect my investment and give me an area to work on her during the winter months out of the elements. Stuff like this................

IMG_1686.jpg

I small flirt of winter we had in November. Going to be some more of that this winter around here me thinks!

I love the metal frame, I did the same when I needed an extra 15ft on my shop. I bolted mine together at key points so it would seem temporary.

Looks like a great place for Squirrels to take shelter!

And Skunks, and Racoons.....

Lot's of resources at hand for dispatching them critters Db. Not alot of the critters you mentioned around though seriously. I am putting some other measures in place along with the ones previously mentioned for the two legged varmit's;).

Last edited by a moderator:
this is inspiring me to kick it in gear and get me some shelter too.

Do it buddy and don't look back. I had to do it. I invested alot of money (to me) into my vessel and need to protect her. Last spring and early summer was brutal around here. I am going to do alot of projects this winter and I am going to be one of the first ones out for halibut damn it!!!:).

Is that steel? Who'd ya get to do the welding for ya?

I am putting some other measures in place along with the ones previously mentioned for the two legged varmit's;).[/QUOTE]

You mean sasquatch?

Sent from my HTC

Is that steel? Who'd ya get to do the welding for ya?

Ha ha ha. Smart a**. Thanks for being you buddy.

Yeh the guy's came back early and put it up for me. Should be complete tomorrow. Then gravel. Then paint, Then cladding shortly there after. Weather looks good for end of week.

My baby should be nice and dry by the end of the week.

I am putting some other measures in place along with the ones previously mentioned for the two legged varmit's;).

You mean sasquatch?

Sent from my HTC[/QUOTE]

Maybe.......

In this area you never know!!!!

Getting there. Almost all together.

IMG_1719.jpg

IMG_1718.jpg

Tomorrow the frame should be done and primed. I'm hoping to get the cladding done on Thursday and tuck her in by Friday afternoon.

Cheers,
Sculpin

The wall cladding went on today.

IMG_1726.jpg

IMG_1728.jpg

Primed the rest of the framework as well. Ready for roof cladding.

IMG_1732.jpg

Sure glad this weather is co-operating!

sure ya would, only problem would be it mite take till summer,lmao :D:p....holmes*

Yup and that ain't going to happen........again!

I'm going to be out for the hali opener for sure next year holmes. None of this mid August b.s. like this year ha ha:p:D.

Back