New forum rules

Blackmax

So I just recieved an email about the new forum rules and looks like censorship by some who are offended by anything as trivial s being called an "idiot" or perhaps a photo of a girl in a bikini. I hope no one here uses the word "Christmas " because that would be offensive to me as I only celebrate "Festevus". I wonder who the ******* are? :rolleyes:

yup,, churchside forum.... haha,, you said *******,into time out you go!!

Well, I couldn't find the button to click if I agreed with the policies, will we all have to redo our accounts!!!!!

Oh well time to join the other 20 members who started this forum back in the day that no longer to bother with this site....RIP Roe bags, Vince Gee, Luna, Totally tyee, DHA, etc.....

I just feel wierd agreeing to not being myself and having to worry what I say here, haven't we given away enough of our rights and privacy? Have these people not turned on the t.v. lately? every second word is the F bomb and there is nudity all day long way worse than anything here. If these people don`t think their kids are watchng **** on the computer or smoking pot they are in dream land. Actually its usually the daughters of these types that end up on the pole in Whalley. This was poorly handled by the admin here.

As a new member, maybe I shouldn't be saying anythin - but that just isn't like me so.....

I frequent a couple of other forums on fishing and hunting as other here probably do also. Moderation is an issue on every forum I have visited. I used to read a completely unmoderated forum and it was really offensive at times so I eventually gave it up.

On the other side of the coin, I have a subscription to hunting dog magazine that only allows current subcribers to post on the forum. On top of which, it is heavily moderated and the guideline is not to post anything you wouldn't allow a young child to read. While very tame and unoffensive...the forum is also pretty boring.

Moderating a forum is a balancing act. If you let people say whatever they want, you end up having to wade through the hatred and ugliness that comes with anonymity. It's amazing how crass people can become when they can hide behind keyboard.

I don't think it's right to call people you don't agree with an idiot on a thread, as it then can quickly turn into a name calling contest. Besides, someone can have idiotic ideas without being an idiot. What's so difficult about being civilized and treating people like you would in person?

Personally, I prefer a forum where racial slurs, name calling and foul language is not permitted...but hey, that's just me and I'm new.

I guess if you don't like the rules you can go onto some other site then?

As a new member, maybe I shouldn't be saying anythin - but that just isn't like me so.....

I frequent a couple of other forums on fishing and hunting as others here probably do also. Moderation is an issue on every forum I have visited. I used to read a completely unmoderated forum and it was really offensive at times so I eventually gave it up.

On the other side of the coin, I have a subscription to hunting dog magazine that only allows current subcribers to post on the forum. On top of which, it is heavily moderated and the guideline is not to post anything you wouldn't allow a young child to read. While very tame and unoffensive...the forum is also pretty boring.

Moderating a forum is a balancing act. If you let people say whatever they want, you end up having to wade through the hatred and ugliness that comes with anonymity. It's amazing how crass people can become when they can hide behind a keyboard.

I don't think it's right to call people you don't agree with an idiot on a thread, as it then can quickly turn into a name calling contest. Besides, someone can have idiotic ideas without being an idiot. What's so difficult about being civilized and treating people like you would in person?

Personally, I prefer a forum where racial slurs, name calling and foul language is not permitted...but hey, that's just me and I'm new.

Bring on the new forum rules! Things have gotten way out control this winter and lots of really good people have left the forum. If things don't change this place will be like most other bc saltwater forums.... Boring and dead.

Bring on the new forum rules! Things have gotten way out control this winter and lots of really good people have left the forum. If things don't change this place will be like most other bc saltwater forums.... Boring and dead.

I must have missed something this winter? Can you post threads in question?

Its been very entertaining of late .munch,munch,munch...seriously why not give the offenders a warning and if they dont shape up,then ship them out?

I guess if you don't like the rules you can go onto some other site then?
Yup!

Me too and I'm old!

The simple fact is that some people here need to get over themselves and showing respect for Private Property is always a good way to conduct yourself.

Carl Z
Vancouver BC

No one has been canned for their opinion. People get canned for personal attacks, insults and drunken rants... Hmmmm four people hqve been canned since last april after repeated warnings. Yep we are the third reich here. This time of year a lot of people are bored and jump headfirst into fights. Same as happens at the end of winter every year... Some threads get pulled when an intelligent debate turns into a festival of insults threats and profanity... And some get pulled because they are a poor fit such as anti sport fishing posts, or they will serve no purpose but to start another battle royal.. The usual string of forum suicides is nothing new it happens every winter.. Some people move on. And on another note I cant think of a time where I got rid of a thread and did not give a good explanation when asked....

Back