Nead those numbers please?????????

Writing my Feb 1 letter to all the MLA's in protest to are fisheries state. Nead numbers for how much comercial fish per pound compaired to sport fish per pound put into are economy. Seen them here before but can't find. Real numbers only please and thanx.

Anyone not written there letter yet get all the info from liprippers post under fisheries protest adds and get on it. Today we can quit just bitchen and do something that might make a difference if we all work together!!!!!

I'm setting my priorities. I'm making time for fishing.

quote:Here’s some quick cigarette package math for you:

7,920,000 lbs halibut = 2008 commercial halibut 88% quota @ approx 20 lb per fish equals 396,000 fish. This keeps 215 boats fishing with crew at average three to a boat = 645 crew. Approx 1841 halis per boat. Value to the BC economy of 3.60 per lb. Most of product exported. Adds small amt to the BC economy through boat supplies, processing and repairs. Plus there is 5.5 million pounds sitting in freezer unsold, not good!

1,500,000 approx lbs halibut = actual 2008 recreational catch @ approx 20 lb per fish equals 75,000 fish. 1.25 fish per angler. This keeps thousands of guides, charter operators employed up and down the coast per yr. Hali angling is enjoyed by approximately 60,000 license-buying anglers each year. Value $18.65 per lb landed to the BC economy. Also adds huge to the GDP of BC through tackle, bait, gas, vehicle and boat purchases, etc as well as providing international tourism experience. And the halis are all eaten!
provided by Governor under halibut topic

Back