Nanaimo Fall/Winter 2014

No, lowtide
It's just amazing what a big fall the salmon population has had. I know it fell a bit, but it fell alot more than people think!

I guess when you see all the numbers lined up it's kinda suprising.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not to experienced at winter spring fishing. Is there a hot spot right now?
I wish the fishing was like it use to be in cow bay.

Fished Tent and Bold Bluff yesterday. An hour at Tent pre high tide led to nothing so we scooted down to Bold and got one about 8lbs. Lots of bait in the area out in deeper water, 130 and out.

Fished Tent and Bold Bluff yesterday. An hour at Tent pre high tide led to nothing so we scooted down to Bold and got one about 8lbs. Lots of bait in the area out in deeper water, 130 and out.

I must have been next to you then when you were at tent but we only pounded it from 11-2... Prawning was decent again, and that is it for the season until spring.... Yah we stayed at tent while filling traps.... Absolute zero on chinook front... I am surprised anyone could prawn with that big commercial set off tent...That was kind of ridiculous.. was that first nations fishery? Didn't seem like it to me, and was huge boat. He was setting just before big log boom went by....Multiple strings..

Last day for prawning get out there!

From what I read on the fisheries website prawning in areas 17-5 and 17-6 will continue pulse fishing for Jan,Feb and March. I could be wrong but that's the way it reads to me

Back