N.S. fish farm rejected: risk to wild salmon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just keeping it real buddy. Any chance you will give me a like?

I gave you a like its Christmas, even though I'm not on the same side as you on open pen farming. I don't believe there is any health risk to eating farmed salmon though, certainly no more than eating farmed chicken, pork or beef. That's not my "beef" with the industry!

I gave you a like its Christmas, even though I'm not on the same side as you on open pen farming. I don't believe there is any health risk to eating farmed salmon though, certainly no more than eating farmed chicken, pork or beef. That's not my "beef" with the industry!
Your the greatest. It will help to not get banned for life. I have lots of people angry at me!

Letter: Government fighting to flout its own laws
The Telegram
Published: Dec 15, 2017
http://www.thetelegram.com/opinion/letter-government-fighting-to-flout-its-own-laws-170648/
Can you all guess why the government is opposing?

Just ask Trans Canada about the energy east pipeline. These environmental impact assessments are being used to kill, delay and drive costs up across this country. Even after 1B was spent and all the approvals were in place, the project gets killed by the company because it can't afford another round. They can't spend anymore to convince these little hamlets and big cities that the project is safe and responsible. Guys like Denis Coderre or Derek Corrigan are allowed input on national industrial projects and are having the effect of killing needed projects in our country that would bring significant economic benefit, create jobs and boost Canada's economy. This is the stuff you should be outraged by. I think the NL government has seen this and is taking a stand - with over 10%+ unemployment, they want sustainable regulated aqua culture that can grow and employ Newfoundlanders.

Can you all guess why the government is opposing?
Ya - corruption of regulatory due diligence by industry - typical - doesn't mean we get to ignore the interference in the democratic process, due diligence and the precautionary approach.

Ya - corruption of regulatory due diligence by industry - typical - doesn't mean we get to ignore the interference in the democratic process, due diligence and the precautionary approach.
Your right, but when a company does everything we ask, follows the rules, receives all the permits and the the conservationist through coercion and politicking get the rules changed so the process has to restart, what is that called? I think that is interference. And, it is especially disconcerting when the opposition isn't forced any financial consequences on them. This is bs. If the anti-ff groups are not prepared to accept all the regulatory analysis and testing, they need to have finiancial consequences. If they cost a legitimate business millions of dollars, then they should be responsible for this. Political correctness is undoing our country. Either they put up some real science or start putting up some dough. If a FF causes some damage, pretty sure the Eco groups wouldn't advocate for them to pay for it? Can you imagine Suzuki saying the Sierra group should help pay for BP's Maconda blow out?

which is why the regulators should NOT be the promoters - and 2 wrongs never made a right...

which is why the regulators should NOT be the promoters - and 2 wrongs never made a right...
Makes some sense, but you have been wrong so many times I have lost count. Repeating your wrong and inaccurate statements over and over isn't going to make them suddenly right. Isn't the definition of insanity doing the same thing over and over but expecting a different result? The results you are hanging all your arguments on have been proven false. Time to up your game or maybe start accepting that some of your conclusions are wrong.

That's quite a demonstrated talent Spopadyn - so many unsubstantiated words all in a line.

Where else do I see that - oh ya - PR firms and communications departments.

Last edited:
A repeat of the FF in trouble thread.

We have tried to keep this and other FF threads open by offering up warnings to keep the arguments, personal attacks, trolling etc. out of posts, but alas it always seems to degenerate to the point where no one even knows what either side is trying to prove anymore. And here's some more old news for you...neither "side" is going to be convinced that they are wrong or that "their" science is wrong, so this debate is always going to end in the school yard tactics listed above. Say goodbye to this one and expect a much shorter leash on any other related threads in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back