My Worst Nightmare

otter

17 Ft Double Eagle leaning to starboard,afloat/stationary.
If anyone can supply a competent boat outfit I would appreciate.
Yes I have checked and cant find anything. Obviously sea water inside the hull?
I reside in Sooke,BC Thanks.

B Gibb

Otter I will soon be replacing my hull I have a 17.5 but my transom is almost gone and I am sure the stringers and floor aren't far behind. I bought the hull and trailer for $ 150.00 I just had to redo the interior and put on the power and it has lasted 4 years and I should get one more season out of it with a little work. There are lots of deals on hulls if you have power and some time to do some work if not there are some great deals on complete packages too. Pick up the buy sell and trade the one that comes out every Tuesday and go on the net to buysell.com. Tell me what exactly your looking for and the price range and I will keep my eyes open for you.

Good Luck Cheers Kevin

Happy Hookin!!!

quote:
Otter I will soon be replacing my hull I have a 17.5 but my transom is almost gone and I am sure the stringers and floor aren't far behind. I bought the hull and trailer for $ 150.00 I just had to redo the interior and put on the power and it has lasted 4 years and I should get one more season out of it with a little work. There are lots of deals on hulls if you have power and some time to do some work if not there are some great deals on complete packages too. Pick up the buy sell and trade the one that comes out every Tuesday and go on the net to buysell.com. Tell me what exactly your looking for and the price range and I will keep my eyes open for you.

Good Luck Cheers Kevin

Happy Hookin!!!

B Gibb

Thanks for the reply My Escape, repair is evident as the boat is in very good shape except for the frigging entry hole/crack I still cant find. Some experienced person probably can, and so Happy bloody New Year to me for upcoming expenses.

B Gibb

Otter look really close to the corner edge of the chine there could be a crack there had one of the lodge boats get one there the only way it opens up is when your running and hitting waves forcing water into the crack.
It really isnt a hard thing to repair either once you find it we used epoxy with a cloth with mat/roven mixed in and it still holding strong after 5 years.Call me if you need some info
Good luck Wolf

Edited by - wolf on 01/05/2005 20:04:26

Yeah, weight distribution problem. Thanks for your replies. Its funny theres a iboats forum web site i even went to and all said water in the hull. Either it was a gimme, brain wise or no one considered it.

B Gibb

Back