My wife's intro

I am sure as many bass that eat trout fry there are as many trout that eat bass fry. trout are a predator as much as bass are. Trout are a salmon family.

Bob

Ahh, the bass debates. These seem to occur often and never seem to get resolved. Everyone will have their own opinion on these fish and so be it. I personally don't agree with transporting them to other waters, but if they are somewhere where they won't damage native fish to the area, or somewhere that never was a good fishery until they came along, then I am for bass being there if they are there.

http://westernsportfishing.tripod.com/home/

Ahh, the bass debates. These seem to occur often and never seem to get resolved. Everyone will have their own opinion on these fish and so be it. I personally don't agree with transporting them to other waters, but if they are somewhere where they won't damage native fish to the area, or somewhere that never was a good fishery until they came along, then I am for bass being there if they are there.

Bass fishing is one of my favorite past times I moved out here from ontario and you people who live out here have no idea about bass...Yes bass is a large predator and oh yes a great fighter on the line but a threat to Trout and Salmon I don't think so...Almost every lake that I caught bass in there are trout and plenty of them...Bass and trout hunt and live in different areas of the lake...Trout tend to live in deeper darker waters and breed or spawn up streams and rivers and return to the lakes...Bass on the other hand live closer to the shore prefer a little warmer water and stay close to rock ledges and shaded inlets and weedy areas unlike trout...So all in all bass and trout can coexist is the same ecosystem without harming or damaging each others habitat

Bass fishing is one of my favorite past times I moved out here from ontario and you people who live out here have no idea about bass...Yes bass is a large predator and oh yes a great fighter on the line but a threat to Trout and Salmon I don't think so...Almost every lake that I caught bass in there are trout and plenty of them...Bass and trout hunt and live in different areas of the lake...Trout tend to live in deeper darker waters and breed or spawn up streams and rivers and return to the lakes...Bass on the other hand live closer to the shore prefer a little warmer water and stay close to rock ledges and shaded inlets and weedy areas unlike trout...So all in all bass and trout can coexist is the same ecosystem without harming or damaging each others habitat

My thoughts are if we all learn to respect the lakes and streams we are fishing and leave them the way we found them, the species will sort themselves out. Tight lines.

"A bad day fishing is better than a good day at work"

One thing there Ocanuck, sure trout spawn in streams, and bass spawn in the shallow's of lakes.. What it comes down to is the juvenile trout that migrate back to the lake are sought after by both juvenile and adult bass for sustenance.. Take Westwood lake in Nanaimo for example. I have fish it for the better part of 20 yrs. now, until the last few years the trout fishing has been fairly decent. Over the last couple of seasons the trout have dwindled compared to previous years. There has never been a smallmouth pop. in that system until the last 4 years or so. Ever since the trout have taken a real s&^*kicken. My two pennie's worth, but it has go to account for somethin.-dirty

Back