My project boat pics

Got some unwanted news on the motor the other day.I've been dealing with a place in cambell river so all the conversations have been over the phone.We had all the $ numbers figured out,or so I thought.Had the papers faxed to me and all the $ were nothing that we discussed.There is no way I was going to have a balloon payment of $18000.00 in 5 years after I paid $6000.00 down!!!!
Soooo It looks like I'm not getting the etec

Westwood marine in Nanaimo had a demo model 300 etec on a bayliner trophy. I dont know the shaft length but give them a call.

Did you try talking to the guys at Breakers. I have been running zukes since 2006 and they have been great, with top drawer service from Breakers...and the service is almost, well no...IS more important that the purchase price!

Found a motor,here is a couple update pics
verado001.jpg

verado002.jpg

verado003.jpg

That looks sweet with the Merc on there albernifisher. Congrats. Let us know how she performs (with a prop of course ha ha).;):)

It's a 06, LA marine in Port Alberni just took it on a trade. Paid $11500.00 with new controls,steering,prop,installation and warranty

I just plain like the way this thing is going.. Can wait to see the finished pic..

I personally love the lines that boat has. The thing will be pretty sick with that arch on it.

AF you seriously love rebuilding boats huh? What happened to the bayliner? However, that old searay hull is awesome! You will not be disapointed with the ride. I have an old rebuilt searay hull, it's bullet proof and its like riding on a pillow thru the chop. In a couple years I hope to pod mine too. Or I guess I could just wait till you are on to your next project and i could just buy that one! lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Ian, it's not love. I call it a sickness,obsession or somthing like that.You know its bad when you spend every waking hour thinking about your boat and what you can do to it,cant sleep at night cause your brain is still in overdrive thinking about it.Not sure about the rest of you guys but this is straight up hardcore XXX **** to me!!!!!!!!!!!

I know you are probably growing tired of the project, but that boat would look sweet with a hard top!!

I know you are probably growing tired of the project, but that boat would look sweet with a hard top!!

I dunno bout that once the arch is on..... I like the drop top tho... :rolleyes:

That thing looks like a pimp boat, only thing missing is Austin Powers as your guide.:p

Not trying to hijack this thread, but I am wondering about the whole idea behind podding. There's gotta be lots of crappy old inboard's than can be totally restored with a pod, but what are the other benefits? I'm assuming there's more to it than just converting to outboards. Can or is it done to boats already designed for outboards? Many Lifetimer w/a boats look like they have a factory pod, is that just done to increase length? :)

On an inboard conversion I think the biggest benefit is getting rid of that big azz hole in the hull.

Was awesome meeting you today albernifisher and I really appreciate your insight into mounting my structure scan transducer. How is your boat coming along? we haven't seen an update in a while:)

Good to meet you too Sculpin. Well the arch is on, antenna's,flood light's and all round light's are on.Mostly been waiting for all my parts to show up

Back