My project boat pics

Would you get any warranty on the '09 opti? How the heck does a very new engine need a whole new powerhead? Catastrophic falure or just a newer engine that has seen a lot of hours in a short time? Sure would be tough to plop down 10 k on a "rebuilt" engine that only a short time ago was brand new (if you don't get any warranty) What is the confidence level with used outboards? Do the maintenance and pray that it lasts?
Project looks like it should be nice and skookum when it's all done.

I don't know if you can properly rebuild a v6 outboard. When you take into account things beyond bearings, gaskets and new pistons, consider the hours on the gearcase, trim motor, and somewhat complicated injection system that will destroy a DI two stroke if it so much as hiccups. Ten on a re re you can get a low hour fresh motor for near that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I can happily say that I am no longer looking for a motor,the new powerplant should be on in the next two weeks

hi albernifisher
i just installed a 300 etec on my 26 commander.are you going to install the fly by wire technology, i did and i love it.the 300 cruises at 22 knot 4000 rpms wot 33 knots 5600 rpms.the boat originally weighed in at 8000 lbs she is down to about 7000 lbs now.when i get my pics all sorted out i will post.you are gonna love it and the motor is super quiet. i also got a 30 hp etec kicker with it and it purrs beautifully.

its a brand new 300 etec, should go like a raped ape!

demotivational-posters-i-have-the-weirdest-boulder-right-now.jpg

here are a few pics of my repower

need a few tweeks on the dinghy bracket and a bit of ballast balancing,but i am glad i did it. do have other pics will post as i sort them.any questions please ask.

Attachments

• 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 746
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 751
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 721
  • IMG_0480.jpg
    IMG_0480.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 711
hi nedard2
had the 30 on my whaler this past summer before putting it on the commander.ran from cow bay to pender bluffs fished and cruised around for 9 hours burned 3.5 gals of fuel smooth and quiet.when the yammi goes on the whaler will repower with a 60 hp etec.gotta love them.

Back