my next (last) project boat

If you got that thing and the majority of stringers are OK your laughing... From the picture that's pretty damn good don't think your going to have a problem... That is weird though no foam...

Last edited by a moderator:
Where is the rot? I don't see to much....looks like it is in a lot better shape then I thought..

here Jeffy, these pics are for you... So far the hardest part of this has been taking out the cuddy bulkhead without destroying it LOL

IMG_1837_zps07666fdf.jpg

IMG_1838_zpsc25d956c.jpg

AlberniFisher:- just wondering..can you walk anywhere you want on that hull?.....or do you have to put planks down to spread the weight etc...?

AlberniFisher:- just wondering..can you walk anywhere you want on that hull?.....or do you have to put planks down to spread the weight etc...?

im walking in the middle of the boat where there is a 2x6 spine, the outer stringer is staying and the glass is so thick Im not that worried about where I step but that might change when I take the rest of the wood and glass out of that stringer

Hmm I need a sawsall... anyone in south nanaimo have one I can borrow for a few hours??? or one they want to sell cheap???

Nice that the secondary stringers are salvageable, less grinding, two less stringers to pattern and glass in, good deal. Weird be dammed, nice not to find foam under the sole, no stinky gross foam to chip away. I have been in the Marine Supply outfit in Nanaimo a few times lately, drooling over the Hyundai diesels in there. The 250 with Bravo 3 would be awesome in the Hourston 26.
Alan

nothing too exciting, got the rotten stringer removed and ground all the glass out. Tomorrow I'll run a string line and start taking measurments to cut the new stringer
IMG_1839_zpsf304e9b7.jpg

IMG_1840_zpsdeacaa63.jpg

At the rate your going she'll be ready for winter and not the " fall and winter project" you said it was going to be

I have a 275 verado on my 24 1/2 searay with a pod, weighs 6000 lbs and tops out at 48 mph. This one is 18" bigger and I dont think its going to weigh a hell of a lot more, maybe a single 300 might push me in the low 40's ??? Fishtofino, what does your boat weigh?

I have 2 boats with twin 130 4 stokes (24 and 27 ft), and 2 with single mains and kickers. The twins have more than enough power, don't burn any more fuel, cost a bit more for oil changes, but give me way better performance and confidence. The general maintenance is minimal and reliability is excellent. I have had the unpleasant experience of coming home from offshore with a kicker. It was no fun. I do a fair number of tuna trips by myself each year, always with the twins. Won't take the single / kicker setup unless I have a partner boat. My suggestion would be to install a pod that would give you the option of both single or twins....leave it loose and firm it up later. Regardless, it is going to be a sweet ride

Back