my next (last) project boat

"Last project" great name for a boat lol
Man your a hog for punishment, I wish I had half your enthusiasm
will be keenly following

Been plugging away for a couple hours after work the last couple nights. This thing is built like a tank,hundreds of screws and about 2 hundred pounds of plywood removed so far
IMG_1831_zps93db89bb.jpg

AF, what kind shape is the gel coat in ? Are you going to have to do any work to the exterior hull/bottom ? Do you know what it would cost to paint the entire hull, from the water line up ?

The exterior is going to need quite a bit of glassing. As far as paint goes, supplies will cost up to a grand and then whatever my boss wants to charge me to use the booth

Would like to see some close up shots of the hull, what needs work/repairing :) Are you going to paint the hull another color, or leave it white ?

Is it done yet?? This thread has been up for almost a whole week and have seen how you move..

Cheers,
Lippy Waiting on the next istallment

What a great hull to work with, I love the lines of Hourston's. The ride will be great. Have you dug into the transom yet, I am interested in how the core is.

What a great hull to work with, I love the lines of Hourston's. The ride will be great. Have you dug into the transom yet, I am interested in how the core is.

not yet, I plan on cutting out the floor early this next week and then I'll have a good idea of what Im up against

Is it done yet?? This thread has been up for almost a whole week and have seen how you move..

Cheers,
Lippy Waiting on the next istallment

LOL nope, just want to get the interior gutted and a tarp thrown over it before the rain starts in another month or so

All I can say is WOW!!!

I pulled an I/O jet drive to pod the boat and thought man this is hard work.

My hat off to you Sir....subscribed

Well, the fun part is over. She is all stripped and ready to start cutting it open. Im really suprised in how good of shape the transom is in, as long as there is no rot under the floor section I might not have to replace it. There is a small amount of rott where the cut out for the leg was but that will be replaced when I glass up the hole.
stupid074_zpsc5521fdf.jpg

stupid073_zps5e29d674.jpg

Look at how much room you have... Its amazing when you strip it all down what she looks like. Wicked project looking forward to seeing your progress...

Really happy how things look under the floor. Im starting on the bad side, the outer stringer looks like the day it was made and the inner stringer is rotten from the front back about 10 feet. Was kinda suprised that there was no foam under the floor.
IMG_1836_zps910527c3.jpg

IMG_1835_zps8efd7e93.jpg

IMG_1834_zps45ef2e3e.jpg

You sir are a sucker for punishment, but I respect you big time for it :cool:. Great hull to work with Gary. It is your line of work and I know this thing is going to be awesome when your done :). I will swing by soon....

Back