"My Bad"

Time

I keep seeing this term popping up in postings.
Does it mean you "f...ed up", "made an error", "were wrong", or are the "biggest, meanest, baddest m-f'er around"?
Guess I'm getting too old to keep up with the 'slang', but also curious about the origins of the term. Sounds like a rich rapper somehow trying to be one with the boys and girls in the 'hood.

Good God is this what our language is coming down to ? sounds like we all want to be L.A. gang members or something , aren't we proud to be Canadians or has the American culture taken us over and we can't speak properly anymore ?

AL

Good God is this what our language is coming down to ? sounds like we all want to be L.A. gang members or something , aren't we proud to be Canadians or has the American culture taken us over and we can't speak properly anymore ?

AL

"My Bad" is sipmly another way of saying you are sorry. My as in identifying ones self and bad as to the actions that person took. The person realizes the mistake he has made and is making an effort to smooth over the situation. And FYI I think the Candain version is "My bad... eh"

"My Bad" is sipmly another way of saying you are sorry. My as in identifying ones self and bad as to the actions that person took. The person realizes the mistake he has made and is making an effort to smooth over the situation. And FYI I think the Candain version is "My bad... eh"

If someone misses his partners 30-40lb fish when netting, they say MY BAD, then everything is ok! I think Clinton said my bad when he messed with the intern and Bush said it when he realized they were over their heads in Iraq! So it makes everything ok! ;)

If someone misses his partners 30-40lb fish when netting, they say MY BAD, then everything is ok! I think Clinton said my bad when he messed with the intern and Bush said it when he realized they were over their heads in Iraq! So it makes everything ok! ;)

The light dawns slowly from the wisdom I find here.
Thanks guys.

Steely, the link you posted to the Urban Dictionary (which I have now bookmarked) was not complete. Corrected version is:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=my+bad
I'll go with definitions 1 and 2, although 6 is probably more accurate from my viewpoint.

Upon reflection, I'm not sure I like the term. As defined, it suggests that once somebody confesses to "my bad", it is now time to move on. What if I want to haunt you or guilt you for however long that I choose, based on your screwing up? Where is the fun in losing that trip?

The light dawns slowly from the wisdom I find here.
Thanks guys.

Steely, the link you posted to the Urban Dictionary (which I have now bookmarked) was not complete. Corrected version is:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=my+bad
I'll go with definitions 1 and 2, although 6 is probably more accurate from my viewpoint.

Upon reflection, I'm not sure I like the term. As defined, it suggests that once somebody confesses to "my bad", it is now time to move on. What if I want to haunt you or guilt you for however long that I choose, based on your screwing up? Where is the fun in losing that trip?

I can think of something the partner would say if he missed netting a 30-40 lb fish!LOL
quote:Originally posted by Merrittboy

I can think of something the partner would say if he missed netting a 30-40 lb fish!LOL
quote:Originally posted by Merrittboy

Now that I understand,probably 20 or so uses for it.Yeah i've heard that, my bad, from a few of the younger lads on the job,it's bad enough when you have to train them for a trade, and they don't even know how to curse properly.DAN

Now that I understand,probably 20 or so uses for it.Yeah i've heard that, my bad, from a few of the younger lads on the job,it's bad enough when you have to train them for a trade, and they don't even know how to curse properly.DAN

quote:Originally posted by danthewire

:D:D:D

Back