Monaro 21 exp

Discussion in 'Boats, Motors, Trailers and Towing Rigs Forum' started by frizzy, Oct 29, 2017.

1. frizzy

frizzy Member

Hi guy’s, I’m looking at buying a 95 monaro 21 exp hard top. The boat is in excellent condition with around 900hr on Volvo 4.3. Highliner tan dome axel trailer. It has basic electronics sonar, vhf radio and am/fm radio. Any thought’s on what a boat like this might be worth?
    Thanks

2. ryanb

ryanb Active Member

15k. Hard to give an exact idea on price without seeing a 22 year old boat like that.

3. daddystoy

daddystoy Well-Known Member

How much are they asking? I've looked at their website for years and the prices they ask are quite high.
    If this is a private sale you might do a little better.
    You can see on their website there is a 1993 21' exp hard top for 28,900 that sold. Don't know what it sold for though.
    I looked at that boat. It was clean and all but it's still a 24 year old boat that basically was going to be in need of some serious updating and I was not prepared to get into that.
    People that do own them do rave about them.
    I've never had a ride in one myself to offer an opinion one way or the other.

4. stumpy

stumpy New Member

5. stumpy

stumpy New Member

6. stumpy

stumpy New Member

They don't come up for sale very often .
    I've followed them for awhile .
    I'm guessing closer to 25-30k

Tyler (21 ft monaro owner )

7. kaelc

kaelc Well-Known Member

There was a 24 footer of about that year that was listed for about six months 20k USD very well outfitted in WA with trailer and a guide was selling his podded one on Facebook for a good deal mid-20's CAD no trailer if I remember correctly. I think I saw that 21 for sale you are mentioning and I think it was significantly less, if I remember correctly and it seemed like a great deal. Inboard 21 footers are a bit of a niche market and Monaro's are well liked but are likely not as easy to sell as the more mass marketed boats.

chipstealer likes this.
  8. frizzy

frizzy Member

Thanks guys for the replies.

9. daddystoy

daddystoy Well-Known Member

Hey Frizzy, whatever happened with this boat? Did you end up buying it?

10. frizzy

frizzy Member

S
    Still working on it. The boat belongs to a family friend. So there is no rush. Hopefully will be in the drive way soon.