Modifications you're proud of...

1802 trophy 150 merc outboard starboard garalick 15hp kicker stearing tie rod and ends.PICT0064.jpgKicker side PICT0057.jpgPICT0059.jpg150 merc leg mount .PICT0062.jpg rubber stockPICT0060.jpg.I was given the specs on the phone, wish me luck in the next week it fits the boat.if you have any advice on mouting the stearing system I have fabed .Pm me as i need the assureance it will work.I will continue to grind and buff the stainless.Will black paint stay on stainless steel?

Last edited by a moderator:
IMG_1707.jpg

This is my second prototype puller. It mounts to a scotty mount and will pull 80' /minute.It requires only two fingers of pressure to pull. The pulley is made from pizza plates and the motor is an old Ace motor. I'm currently building a much simpler one using a wheelchair motor

View attachment 27294 View attachment 27293 View attachment 27292 View attachment 27291 View attachment 27292 View attachment 27291 Well not exactly projects that I'm proud of I did have a fairly productive day on a few things. The first was HIGH on the wife's list....low on mine but not a bad job overall. The second gave me some more tackle storage. I got the storage compartments on line and installed not too bad. Lots of dusty fibreglass dust and a 2" hole in my hull but all in all a good day!
And how do you rotate the pictures?!?

1802 trophy 150 merc outboard starboard garalick 15hp kicker stearing tie rod and ends.View attachment 26993Kicker side View attachment 26994View attachment 26995150 merc leg mount .View attachment 26996 rubber stockView attachment 26997.I was given the specs on the phone, wish me luck in the next week it fits the boat.if you have any advice on mouting the stearing system I have fabed .Pm me as i need the assureance it will work.I will continue to grind and buff the stainless.Will black paint stay on stainless steel?
avoid painting the stainless ,just polish it , easier to maintain. just my opion

Came across a Bostrom seat for a reasonable price. So to get more then four mounting holes I made an adapter plate where more holes could be drilled around the periphery of the plate to mount it to the deck.
View media item 101View media item 100I was able to enjoy four of the most comfortable days on the water, here's to many, many more!
Now, can I get a heated one?

Kind of hard to see but here's a shot of my cleaning table. Smaller than some but fishing locally, so are the fish we catch haha.image.jpg

Removed a sleeper seat and built a cabinet, theres a colman stove oven that goes on the back. And my 383 stroker that is now mated up to a brovo3 dualprop.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    255.6 KB · Views: 126
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    396.2 KB · Views: 125
My neighbor was throwing out a hose reel. I hacked it up, added a mount for a scotty rod holder, and now it holds 400' of prawn line easily.

I'm pretty cheap, so I bent my own prop guard using 1/8" x 2" aluminum flat bar, and shaping it inside of my turkey fryer. It actually turned out pretty good. Next time, I would just cut up an old pot to get a perfect curve.

Ha that's awesome re-use of hose reel. I have an old one that leaks, and figured it was useless, now you got me wondering...

FR --> The prototype will be patented. Soon to be made of light weight aluminum and sold for hundreds so that I can retire at 40 years old

I've been kicking around the idea of an in floor tank for a while now. Happened across this Sceptre 45ltr tank today for $70. While it's not an in floor it means I can eliminate two metal cans and frees up a ton of floor space. image.jpg

Last edited:
I decided to redo my striper dash to fit a 12 inch GPS unit. First I made a template to make sure everything would fit. Then I made a new dash out of Baltic birch plywood and wrapped it in a carbon fiber look wrap. Removed the old gauges and dash board was next. Fit the new dash and cut the new holes for gauges, switches, vhf, trim tab switch, GPS unit, and last but not least, the beer holder. Screwed the new dash in place and installed all the gauges ect into the new dash. Turned out well and was about $50.00 in parts.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    210.1 KB · Views: 148
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    125.3 KB · Views: 129
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    316.7 KB · Views: 130
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    281.3 KB · Views: 131
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    346.5 KB · Views: 127
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    237 KB · Views: 126
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    270.4 KB · Views: 132
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    278.2 KB · Views: 138
I decided to redo my striper dash to fit a 12 inch GPS unit. First I made a template to make sure everything would fit. Then I made a new dash out of Baltic birch plywood and wrapped it in a carbon fiber look wrap. Removed the old gauges and dash board was next. Fit the new dash and cut the new holes for gauges, switches, vhf, trim tab switch, GPS unit, and last but not least, the beer holder. Screwed the new dash in place and installed all the gauges ect into the new dash. Turned out well and was about $50.00 in parts.

This looks really good!

Nice work.

@Trophy21 Is that 3M Dinoc wrap? I was looking for some years ago but nobody would sell me the ten feet that I needed. I would have had to buy the whole roll so I just went with regular black vinyl. Looks really good.

Back