Minutes from The SFAB Main Board Meeting in Richmond

Status
Not open for further replies.

Last Chance

Admin
Staff member
Guys, I have taken down the minutes, as they were not supposed to be released yet. Feb 20, they are free for public consumption and can be re posted.

I'm not sure if I have made the right move here, but this has brought down more heat then I ever imaged on the SFAB guys. , who, at the end of the day work for free for the rec community.

I may have been a member of the pitchfork and torch crowd to begin with, which may have been a mistake, but hindsight is 20/20.

Feb 20, we will all see it. For now, lets take a little heat off of the SFAB, at least until at least they release the minutes. I should add that the un approved minutes have not been deleted, they are hidden.

Was this the right move? I'm not sure, but the heat that the SFAB members got was really something, so I suggest giving time for all SFAB members to read the minutes, approve them, and if need be, explain their positions.

Last edited by a moderator:
You did the right thing.

The people making the comments in the minutes should be afforded the chance to ensure their accuracy.

so let me get this right - because somebody works for free they are allowed to f%&k up?

I don't think so Tim...

Volunteering implies a level of confidnece and ultimate accountability in the duties you will be responsible for.

In who's opinion there was a f....up?

Someone who doesn't volunteer?

Let's see what you contribution is?

In who's opinion there was a f....up?

Someone who doesn't volunteer?

Let's see what you contribution is?

My contribution is zero. Point is, if the SFAB put forward a notion to have a 15/60 season then, yes, this is a F... Up. If you don't think that is your opinion which you are entitled to.

Lastchance seems to discount this "misguidance" or malcontent as SFAB members work for free which implies that we should all be grateful.

Just because a person volunteers, it most certainly does not grant them immunity from responsibility and accountability............holmes*

That is not the point. The point is that they bust their butt for fellow fisherman so you should at least respect their process. This was not some plot to hide info, it was an approach that ensures accuracy before being made public. Fish assassin and whoever it was that started the thread (It was not Lorne) just showed their disrespect, immaturity and lack of understanding.

Last edited by a moderator:
You did the right thing.

The people making the comments in the minutes should be afforded the chance to ensure their accuracy.

To which I completely CONCUR! You did indeed do the right thing.

To release the information before that had occurred was beyond Irresponsible IMHO.
To base further "pitchfork & torch" behavior towards the SFAB based on DRAFT Minutes as much or even more so.
And while I can well understand the Frustration amongst many, to now throw stones at those who tried their damnest to find a workable solution for all (with zero recompense for doing so) in the face of such nauseous options is Infantile. Especially so for those who sit on the sidelines, and offer zero in the way of action / input except to whine on an internet Forum.

I respect Derby a LOT more than any who simply **** and moan here. He (amongst many) was trying to help find the best case out of a very grim situation. I find myself saddened he allowed the idiotic actions of a few to drive him away. And as much as I can say I have enjoyed my time here (mostly that is) it is not a stretch that I now find myself contemplating the exact same thing...

Thanks for you actions LastChance, they are Appreciated!

Nog

C'mon Nog, this site would not be the same without your wit and wisdom. Unlike a few others I could mention. I just think it's shameful that the continual actions of a few individuals can have such a devastating effect on stellar contributors like yourself and a mounting tole of past members without anything being done about it. I will also be considering any further of my meager contributions in future.;) eman

"The world is run by those that show up"

Yup, and those that don't are nothing more than armchair quarterbacks who are either intellectually not capable of understanding the big picture or willing to engage in a rational discussion.

Steel- Newsflash, Mods can do whatever they want to uphold the integrity of the site. You question their tactics and you run the risk of their wrath. It's a common rule on forums, don't call them out.

I think fish butt should get the boot or at least a time out for such outrite disrespect to the people on this site and especially the sfab guys and gals.

pretty general statement...care to expand and/or elaborate on it?????...........holmes*

You are the one that said people who choose not to give back their time don't have to justify their thoughts and opinions. Why are you all of a sudden concerned about it?

I give the guys all the credit for going out of there way and fighting for the Rights of the Rec anglers. Thank you guys for all your hard work. Tough job.. thanks again
the issue is TAC, and we need more simple

that isnt what i said at all.....and im not concerned about anything...i want to know in what context he is using the statement, and exactly what he means...you kknow, in order to avoid any confusion, lol....i dont think i asked you BGM....but it is a chat forum, so feel free to voice your opinion....holmes*

You're right, not my place to put words in his mouth. However, I feel confident that he is saying, pretty much what he writes, and that is, actions speak louder than words.

Anyone can yap on a forum. Including me and you. Hawks better be ready tomorrow night Holmsie!

Holmes, its a pretty common saying, and it means exactly what it says. If you are confused it may just be beyond you. In which case it isn't worth the effort to try to explain further.

F.A. & JB (JB joined 5 days ago, just to chirp about this?) were out of line. The minutes were to be made availale after finalized, which is common practice pretty much everywhere.

And those who participate will of course get the kudos, the blame, etc. Those who don't show up, well, they don't show up. And those who don't show up and just complain and ***** are complainers and ....

Holmes, you're definitely a disturber...
seems like thats more important to you than adding any fishing related info.
do you pull the same stuff on the other forum's ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back