Minn Kota

Eric

I am wanting to get a Minn Kota motor. More than likely it'll just be one of the transom mount jobs for now. Has anyone gotten any tips for me? ie; don't buy 'X' as it is unnecessary or buy 'X' cuz you'll need it

Canadian Tire had a few 30lb Minn Kota's for sale recently for $169. I've also seen the 38lb version at Costco in Victoria for about $218.

I've heard that the choice of batteries is a huge part of the equation too. Preferred are Marine deep cycle units.

Lotsa choices,
Alex

... "high water" is when you can fish from your car.

I got my minn kota from canadian tire too, 30lbs thrust for $150 on sale!

yes minn-kota electric motors are definatly the way to go if you our looking in buying an electric motor. ive had mine for nearly 5years now and have never had a problem with it, all good nothin bad to say about it. Make sure you purchase a good deepcycle marine battery thats a big factor in how many hours of trolling you'll receive freom your motor.

Well I am going to go with a Minn Kota from Canadian Tire. Presently I am using a 12' aluminum and a borrowed 35lb performed fine but when the same motor went on my father's 15' it didn't quite cut it for maneuvering. Trolling was fine but I want this for repositioning when bass fishing.
Colwood's Can Tire has 55lb in stock for $399. It may be a little more power for the current borrowed boat but when I get my own boat it should suit me fine.

two weekends ago me and my buddie fished the greatcentral lake derby in his 14foot livingston.....but one problem it didnt troll slow enough for trout we found out the last time we went out. so we got my min kota which is a 27lb thrust i think and stuck it on the transom. it trolled perfect in the third speed and the battery lasted for roughly 5 hours.

Back