members aluminum boats!!

Wow that's a hog from Okanagan lake did you get that this year?

If he did, awesome. Been out on that lake quite a bit this winter and it's been slow. Non existent for me really, usually get a few over the winter.

How's the new launch there working out?

Trade in the cat for a smaller boat last week I'm rigging her and going to break I'm going to break in the outboards this weekend hopefully!

Wow that's a hog from Okanagan lake did you get that this year?

No, the hog as you put it was caught on April 7, 2012 it maxed out a 25lb spring scale when we got in the boat, and 21lb-7oz about 7hrs later on the local grocery store meat scale.

This year I spent the whole winter in Arizona so I didn't do any fishing, although I did get some decent reports while I was down south, I am either going out on Okanagan or Kalamalka tommorrow,

Was out last monday my son got a little one about 4lbs and my brother in-law had a real good hit on a bucktail but he lost it right away

Trade in the cat for a smaller boat last week I'm rigging her and going to break I'm going to break in the outboards this weekend hopefully!
Am I reading this correctly?? You traded in your brand new custom built cat for a smaller boat??? If so,,,, why so? Sorry in advance for the temporary hijack of this thread, but I watched your build thread with great anticipation for the next set of pictures to see the progress.
I may be misreading your post, but if not maybe a new thread may be the place to let the dialogue unfold.

Just curious,
FH

I was always very clear to the builder that I need to be able to tow and handle easy with my Tacoma. Long story short it was to big for me and my needs it was nice on the water very very stable and handle great !! but when you decide not to go fish because the boat is to much to tow or launch then something is wrong. It's one thing for people,that live near the ocean but for me I tow 1000km each way to Bella coola my Taco would have been dead! I traded in for a smaller aluminum that is easy to handle behind the Tacoma and very nice for the one man launch.

Here is my new boat will post better pics of her when I fish rigging her up and take some better shots
542fadc1be4f924ff73e87c1878afc55.jpg

I was always very clear to the builder that I need to be able to tow and handle easy with my Tacoma. Long story short it was to big for me and my needs it was nice on the water very very stable and handle great !! but when you decide not to go fish because the boat is to much to tow or launch then something is wrong. It's one thing for people,that live near the ocean but for me I tow 1000km each way to Bella coola my Taco would have been dead! I traded in for a smaller aluminum that is easy to handle behind the Tacoma and very nice for the one man launch.

That makes sense for sure, she looked pretty big for a Tacoma on long hauls. Well someone will end up with a great rig!

Here is my new boat will post better pics of her when I fish rigging her up and take some better shots
542fadc1be4f924ff73e87c1878afc55.jpg

And that looks like a great "little" fishing machine. What size is the new(er) boat? Congrats, and enjoy!

I traded it in at port boat house its a new fishrite perfomer it 22' with the bracket has a new yamaha 150 plus a T8 kicker. I also have a rear steering station on it

d10b47576ba1505f47a3b298d7b6ae83.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well its too bad your dream build didnt work out, but on a side note the date you are taking to the prom is quite a looker. I have had a look a Fish Rites there at the Port Boat House and they are a well put togther boat.

tthe bill of sale was alittle over 51K plus taxes

Last edited by a moderator:
I would have dumped the truck.........tundra...? New boat looks like a nice ride but t would be a heartbreaker for me to give up a really cool custom built cat!

I have a company truck so its not my call! Ya I could have bought my own truck to haul the boat but the capital to buy plus insure with my first child on the way I thought that might not be the best plan right now.

I'm in the same boat (pun intended). I have a 1/2 ton company truck with supplied fuel. Tough to justify going bigger if you need to buy a truck just to pull it. Your new boat looks awesome though. The fish won't care.

This is my SSV 16 Lund........when the wife and I move I will be getting a bigger boat. The only reason I have this one is because it fits in the garage and I don't want to pay storage. It has a lot of good points......but it also has it's limitations for salt fishing. Nowhere to park a boat outside where I live.003.jpg004.jpg002.jpg

Nice set up Seafever. I had one similar to that but on a Gregor 17' had lot of good trips on it and now my son has it.

Back