members aluminum boats!!

Dont think so...Just saw it on craigslist seattle...Sorry for posting it in this section, just thought you metal junkies might like it.

"CHUBBY" 19ft silver streak...looking forward to my first season with it!!

Attachments

• chubby mods 100.jpg
    chubby mods 100.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 1,264
  • chubby mods 148.jpg
    chubby mods 148.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 1,436
  • chubby mods 147.jpg
    chubby mods 147.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 1,424
Here is my Harbercraft 1625 with a 60hp Yamaha and 2.5hp kicker. It takes me all around southern Bc quite nicely.

I just reconfigured the seats and love it. All 4 seats were moved forward between 8-12" creating almost a foot extra of fishing space at the back. You can see by the foam how far back the seats had been mounted and the pic below of dave. They are now all covered by the canopy which is great and will allow for a drop cloth addition. I also added a peice of cedar along the back to hang flashers and measuring stick on.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362462514.841724.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362461889.881785.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1362461928.247465.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1362461972.974924.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1362462031.114941.jpg
You can see how tight is was here...which helped Dave S take a rest during our 2hour ordeal with a beast last summer.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362462104.556440.jpg
a5aze4u3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The "Cuba Libre" 20ft Alumaweld Intruder. 115 Merc 4 stroke, 9.9 Merc kicker
Intruder3.jpg

IMGP0379.jpg

Hey guys, looking for some advice seeing as how you are all aluminum boat owners/fans. I'm looking to downsize our current fiberglass boat to an aluminum boat around 18-20 ft for fishing the westcoast (mainly barkley sound). I'm looking for something with a small cuddy for the kids to hang out in when we are out fishing. It needs to be economical to run (i.e., 150 hp max) and light enough to tow with a Tacoma sized truck (4500#'s). I fish around the sound mainly, and venture offshore when the weather is nice. If I had to compare it to a fiberglass boat, I would suggest something like a 1902 trophy. The Silver Streaks seem nice however they don't make something that small with a cuddy. I'm guessing because it would be very small. I've never owned an aluminum boat, but love the versatility they seem to have. Any recommendations or suggestions would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

Hey guys, looking for some advice seeing as how you are all aluminum boat owners/fans. I'm looking to downsize our current fiberglass boat to an aluminum boat around 18-20 ft for fishing the westcoast (mainly barkley sound). I'm looking for something with a small cuddy for the kids to hang out in when we are out fishing. It needs to be economical to run (i.e., 150 hp max) and light enough to tow with a Tacoma sized truck (4500#'s). I fish around the sound mainly, and venture offshore when the weather is nice. If I had to compare it to a fiberglass boat, I would suggest something like a 1902 trophy. The Silver Streaks seem nice however they don't make something that small with a cuddy. I'm guessing because it would be very small. I've never owned an aluminum boat, but love the versatility they seem to have. Any recommendations or suggestions would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

i know your looking for something bigger but life timer boats in duncan bc make awsome boats and they have a 16ft center console fishing machine you shoudl check it out and its around that wieght to

Call Doug at NorthWest Boats in Victoria; he can help you with what ever design you like and build it with your comfort in mind.

This is a great thread.

ya i bought this boat 2 1/2 years ago i do charters out of saltspring.you can see more pics on my web site ssireelaction.ca i did a full polish last year with a few new mods.the puller was on the boat but i took apart my ace line hauler and made it electric.i also made a new fish box with cleaning station in the back with greg bellavance from bellavance welding .i have been really happy with the boat seems to be a very fishy boat.if i did it again i would look at a diesel as i now have put some 680hrs on my big motor already. i burn around 12-16 gal an hr . i have a 300 suzuki on it. i talked to doug a fair bit when i bought the boat.great guy really good workmanship these boats are tough and a good work boat.

Just picked this up from Washington State this weekend. Got the downriggers mounted today and will be heading out to get her wet tomorrow.

Attachments

• Boat at home.jpg
    Boat at home.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 928
That is similar to the boat I fished out of for the last few years. Very fishy. That hunk o metal brings me great joy!

is it a 21' seahawk?

Back