Loggers Derby

Fellas

No official date yet , there is a meeting being held this coming week with the Poett nook brass , they will inform me on there decission,
i was told % 99.9 that it will be the first weekend of March , as per usual , Washrooms are gonna have a makeover this year !!! ,
Our Winter caretakers Nadine and Paul are doing an amazing job keepin the place afloat , i alway's look forward to seeing them on our frequent off-season visits ,

We will be there this wknd again , checkin on things , get the lines stretched out perhaps , sounds like the fish are there !! Hope Ken left me one or 2 : )

drop me a line if any of ya are aboot , cell or ch. 68 on standby

later

FD

As Felix said, likely go first weekend of March as per usual.

Cabins are going already, believe the party will be a go as per usual as well. Imperial Eagle Lodge is just a few stumbles down the dirt trail and will be providing self contained accomodations and moorage this year as well for those who want to fish from Bamfield.

We went over to Ucluelet for beers and burgers yesterday and dropped a line in front of their harbour. Found one big school of bait and hit a screamer in it - popped and peeling line at 190 feet. Also popped the hook on poor Sheldon during the ensuing battle...

Still swimming for the derby I guess!

Looking forward to it, it's become my favorite event of the year!

It fires me up that this thread is started. Spring is right around the corner boys! Osama, ill be tearing my stb engine apart shortly, but will have it back together well in time for the derby. Cant wait. I may stay in Bamfield this time. Cheers.

Official Derby Dates

2011 Spring Derby

The ever popular Winter/Spring derby will again be hosted by Poett Nook. Derby dates are MARCH 5 & 6th. Once again camping and moorage will be free at the Nook for the Derby. Tickets for the Derby are available at the Nook and all normal outlets. Come join in this fun-filled weekend. Prizes galour and maybe a "blue cap" you get to wear with pride.

http://www.poettnook.com/welcome.html

see ya there

FD

Hi guys, do I book a spot for camping and marina even though it is free? Do I buy the derby tickets when I get there or in advance? Obviously this is my first Loggers derby. I like the idea of an early start to the season.

Take care

I would call Marg ,Mighty Sylvan @ 1-250-758-4440
, she will take care of you , The sites and moorage are usually no prob , i would definately be calling if your planning on staying in the
Bunkhouse , Tickets were always available at Poett Nook , i would confirm with Marg . For any of you first timers , this is a great event , Loggers
do a first class job every year , I'm sure the Firepit will be well stocked , finish the day's bs'n at the pit with a few pops.
Be sure to bring extra clothes , weather changes quickly , last year we had a day in T-Shirts , I will post a fish report on Osama's Bamfield thread ,was there this week , found some fish , nothing huge yet for me , but 5 feeders on Sunday , all close to the Nook , Ken from Rocky Point Charters and Jeff from Mills Landing were hitting good numbers closer to Bamfield , the fish are here to be had , should only get better ! bring ur traps , both crab n prawn are plentifull right now.

Look forward to seeing ya there

Felix-fd

So sweet! Tunas in March! Dancing tunas at the party! Oh my...

I'm waiting on confirmation of a BIG surprise for the weekend...

Haha sweet vid it turned out well.

Osama is your derb suprise Ports finest rippers? Bobber J has them on speed dial if you want the #

Great video Business Time.

Might have to try and find a way to be a part of this this year.

Back