LEH's are out, whatch ya get?

thats Great @spring fever, beautiful area, we hunted it last year and filled both out moose tags, one the first day and one on the last day

Since LEH started, two moose draws for me....'96 and 2012......
No deer
No Elk
No Bison

Son has had his license for 12 years and has got one flat top draw to date....

Moose and deer draws have all been fairly low odds too!

My Brother had that Christian Valley Elk Draw last year. We found it next to impossible to get access to private land, most people we asked said they used to allow hunters but due to all mess and damage they left behind they no longer wanted hunters on there properties. His tag went un filled after we put in two weekends of hunting. if you have a contact in the area use them as I bet you will have issues getting access if you just drive in cold calling. Good luck on the hunt, most people we talked to said to focus efforts to the south, apparently there is a bunch of elk which spend winter behind the burned down provincial part to the south, we looked but never saw a thing.

I got my very first LEH draw since starting to put in 4 years ago. I will be hunting doe's in Boston bar area in November

should also mention we got our spring bear two weeks ago, first time hunting the spring, was pretty

Put in for five draws and nothing for me. Hopefully the open seasons are good to me.

Oly

F...all will be squash, carrots and fish I hope...

Get ahold of the CO and Bio for some phone numbers for ranchers who want help with problem a Elk. The Bosovich ranch near 56 km, and the Hesketh Ranch near The Old Double EE cabin and campground used to give some hunters access if your decent enough in approach. The kicker for this draw, being we had it a few times long ago is ....... Snow ...... And lots of it. You'll need it to be successful most likely. Given the limitations on where you must hunt, I would think the later Jan- Febuary hunt would be better but we killed in the Nov-Dec hunt near these for mentioned Ranches ....... There are some good opportunity possibly too for Bow Season WT too.
Good luck to you, I look forward to the story and pics.

H T

Zero for 6 on my entries, entire family of four, zero for 16 ....... Good system though lol. I'd rather see a points system.

Been applying mostly for Rosie's mostly over its entire existence ........ Nope ....... Bison also, drew one , and for around 50 tries of the two combined ........ In 30 Years. One Bison, well better then none. I know one guy applied for Bison five times, got it three times successfully. Another, has two magnificent Rosie's in five years. Ouch, sure glad a rich dude can just buy a hunt any time out from underneath us all ..... Ouch! Go Christy!
@high tide having a tough time locating online whether the Bio and CO are out of kelowna or castlegar can only leave a Ph message but havent heard back as of yet
any input?

Back