LEH's are out, whatch ya get?

Hookin'up

Anyone get anything this year?
we drew a Christian Valley anterless Elk

No large game LEH for me, I missed on Moose, Elk and Mule deer doe draws......... again. But I did manage a squirrel draw as well as the highly coveted ant draw and the Arachnid doe draw.

SFA... you should be able to punch that tag Tim. Good on yah
Sure hope to, never hunted Christian valley, but sure going to give it our best shot
Will get up there this Summer and do some scouting

Anyone get anything this year?
we drew a Christian Valley anterless Elk

Get ahold of the CO and Bio for some phone numbers for ranchers who want help with problem a Elk. The Bosovich ranch near 56 km, and the Hesketh Ranch near The Old Double EE cabin and campground used to give some hunters access if your decent enough in approach. The kicker for this draw, being we had it a few times long ago is ....... Snow ...... And lots of it. You'll need it to be successful most likely. Given the limitations on where you must hunt, I would think the later Jan- Febuary hunt would be better but we killed in the Nov-Dec hunt near these for mentioned Ranches ....... There are some good opportunity possibly too for Bow Season WT too.
Good luck to you, I look forward to the story and pics.

H T

Zero for 6 on my entries, entire family of four, zero for 16 ....... Good system though lol. I'd rather see a points system.

Been applying mostly for Rosie's mostly over its entire existence ........ Nope ....... Bison also, drew one , and for around 50 tries of the two combined ........ In 30 Years. One Bison, well better then none. I know one guy applied for Bison five times, got it three times successfully. Another, has two magnificent Rosie's in five years. Ouch, sure glad a rich dude can just buy a hunt any time out from underneath us all ..... Ouch! Go Christy!

Will be home switching from fishing/work for a long fall hunt. No rossie, buf, sheep, goat or moose but a month looking for a northern interior grizz will be awesome.

HM

Get ahold of the CO and Bio for some phone numbers for ranchers who want help with problem a Elk. The Bosovich ranch near 56 km, and the Hesketh Ranch near The Old Double EE cabin and campground used to give some hunters access if your decent enough in approach. The kicker for this draw, being we had it a few times long ago is ....... Snow ...... And lots of it. You'll need it to be successful most likely. Given the limitations on where you must hunt, I would think the later Jan- Febuary hunt would be better but we killed in the Nov-Dec hunt near these for mentioned Ranches ....... There are some good opportunity possibly too for Bow Season WT too.
Good luck to you, I look forward to the story and pics.

H T

Zero for 6 on my entries, entire family of four, zero for 16 ....... Good system though lol. I'd rather see a points system.

Been applying mostly for Rosie's mostly over its entire existence ........ Nope ....... Bison also, drew one , and for around 50 tries of the two combined ........ In 30 Years. One Bison, well better then none. I know one guy applied for Bison five times, got it three times successfully. Another, has two magnificent Rosie's in five years. Ouch, sure glad a rich dude can just buy a hunt any time out from underneath us all ..... Ouch! Go Christy!
Hey high tide,
thanks for the info,it all is greatly appreciated, we got the nov-dec draw,
I put in for the jan-feb as well with the same thoughts as you regarding the snow keeping the animals down in the valley as we are restricted to under 1100m
I was actually thinking of making the EE our base while there, I do have Family just down the road towards Beaverdel as well,
I'll search out those ranchers in the next couple months while up there scouting,
again thanks for the tips

Unbelievable for me--nothing for 10 years-put in for a group of 3 and come up with 2 that is TWO moose tags area 5-02 B. Probably my last moose hunt in that area as I will probably never get drawn again!!
I would have been ecstatic to get one!! LOL

Back