Langford Lake

SFBC

Admin
Staff member
Was out a couple times over the past few days. In talking to a few guys on the lake, the fishing hasn't really heated up yet for the trollers. I did see a couple guys on shore land a few using power bait and I manged to scare up a couple on each outing as well as lost a couple decent ones.

First two photos are from my kayak (which I haven't even rigged for fishing yet). I went for a paddle and took along a rod with a spoon already tied on, not really expecting much, and managed to hook this guy.

The last photo was in my tinny from earlier today and was a fat and healthy fish. I didn't have a tape measure with me, but based on the size of my net I would estimate he was 18 or 19 inches long. Hope this is a sign of things to come this spring!

20170412_160943.jpg

20170412_160932.jpg

20170417_110327.jpg

Lots of action on South Island lakes. I'm still doing better with deep sinking and intermediate lines. A few trout that would be pushing 20" if they had tails. LOL (brooders). I caught one that had two broken off power bait rigs on it. I don't get how they get broken off when such heavy line is used. Crappy knots I guess? Lucky fish.

Back