Kootenays

G

Groovy

I am new to the Province of British Columbia and I will be travelling to the Kootenays in August. I would like to know what are the premier fishing spots that I should not miss. I will be bring both spin and fly rods and I would like to catch trout(esp. the gerrad), Koknee and white fish. Any info would be appreciated.
Cheers

If you'll be fishing in a boat try Arrow Lake in Castlegar. There is a beautiful camping area beside the lake called Syringa Creek Park.

Check-out these books it will provide you with excellent information and resources about the Kootenays; "Backroad Mapbook Volume IV The Kootenays" and "BC Fishing Freshwater Directory & Atlas". Good luck.

If you'll be fishing in a boat try Arrow Lake in Castlegar. There is a beautiful camping area beside the lake called Syringa Creek Park.

Check-out these books it will provide you with excellent information and resources about the Kootenays; "Backroad Mapbook Volume IV The Kootenays" and "BC Fishing Freshwater Directory & Atlas". Good luck.

Another excellent book you can check-out is "Fishing BC Kootenays" which provides depth charts and information on over 100 of the best lakes in the region.

Another excellent book you can check-out is "Fishing BC Kootenays" which provides depth charts and information on over 100 of the best lakes in the region.

St. Mary's River and Elk River. For cutthroats.

Bill Luscombe - Lord of the Flies

The Columbia River is on fire right now. Try (if fly fishing) using emerging caddis and or black ant patterns. If off shore casting, use the same with a float and put a pink maggot on the end of the fly hook. You can catch hard fighting Rainbows in the 1-5 lb range, with the occasional big boy 6-15 available.

The Columbia River is on fire right now. Try (if fly fishing) using emerging caddis and or black ant patterns. If off shore casting, use the same with a float and put a pink maggot on the end of the fly hook. You can catch hard fighting Rainbows in the 1-5 lb range, with the occasional big boy 6-15 available.

Back