Kite tail Flashers

ILHG

Crew Member
i was watching Nice Fish Senior on WFN & they advertise the "Kite Tail Flasher" at the end. They look cool &!inwouod love to hear any feedback you may have on them

I have one (green non glow) and find it intriguing, but has yet to catch a fish.

IMO, if you can find one for less than retail price, pick it up (I got mine for $2 at the Island Outfitters sale last year) Otherwise, $15 isn't worth it.

There has been other threads on this. Have had more luck with coho higher up with them. Not my go to for sure. Did like the less pull on line.

There has been other threads on this. Have had more luck with coho higher up with them. Not my go to for sure. Did like the less pull on line.
I used one of these on a slow night at the cap two seasons ago. The Coho loved it. Haven't touched it since.

I've used them at various times in Nootka Sound and find they work just as well as any other flasher device. The "no drag" is a nice feature.

We have used them when running a center line out the back using a trip planer with lures that have their own action like spoons and bait rigs. However, we have had more success with the smaller spinning/rotating type when wanting an attractor with less drag than a standard flasher. The small trip planers seem to struggle to get down any depth with the drag from a standard flasher.

Last edited:
Thanks Guys. Much Appreciated

A commercial fishing friend of mine developed them and they do work but you need to use a short leader. When you get a nice Chinook on them it's like there's no flasher

A commercial fishing friend of mine developed them and they do work but you need to use a short leader. When you get a nice Chinook on them it's like there's no flasher

These sound like a good option for fishing with a planer out of a kayak. How short a leader would you suggest FT?

I have tried them on the ECVI with no success for winter springs when they first came out. They had a number of swims on one side of the boat and got badly outfished by the other side with a regular flasher. Have lived in the bag since. I am curious under what conditions you find them most productive. Shallow water on the west coast towing a spoon perhaps?

Back