King crab traps

Send him an email on the address below. He says he has them in Surrey. I have 3 on order.

crabman777@gmail.com

They are 70#s, so should have no problem sticking to bottom

I picked up me and waterwolf a few of the crabman traps today. They are BIG and very well built. I like the design & look forward to trying them. At 70lbs they won't drift away

Attachments

• IMG_2845.JPG
    IMG_2845.JPG
    109.2 KB · Views: 96
  • image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    108.8 KB · Views: 91
I just got back from Vancouver last week and bought a couple myself. Looking forward to trying them out. They are a good looking design, but definitely heavy. Not sure I would want to heave them up from 175 feet by hand. Would look like Arnold schwarzenegger after a few sets. Might not be a bad thing though. LOL

Oly

I picked up me and waterwolf a few of the crabman traps today. They are BIG and very well built. I like the design & look forward to trying them. At 70lbs they won't drift away

How many did he have left? When I as talking with him he was looking to unload everything he had left but only had a few. Love the “Made in China” hand written in felt pen on the side. Made me laugh a little.

Oly

Thanks Buddy, I'm going to bring them to Esperanza and do a few sets out deeper. I hear that you can't find crabs out there in less then 175' so these should work well. They look like winners to me...

How many did he have left? When I as talking with him he was looking to unload everything he had left but only had a few. Love the “Made in China” hand written in felt pen on the side. Made me laugh a little.

Oly

He should still have a few. I was going to take 6 but could only fit the 5.

It's a shame he don't license out the patent for the traps. He said it was such a pain getting them made in China & they were 8 months late. I recommend a third party to help out with it (in Vancouver there are many) & building a website.

Not his thing....

What are you guy's using to pull the traps up with? It seems the Ace Line Hauler really struggles to pull these up.

She definitely moans a bit pulling. Make sure you have 40 amp fuses and she works.
My thoughts are to now connect the rope to just the one side of the trap like you see on "deadliest catch". Male much more sence and will remove the drag

Afternoon Gents,

I was wondering if any of you actually got around to dropping some of these north of Port Hardy? If so, wonder if you would share if you had any luck? I wouldn't mind buying one and giving it a whirl, if the chances of success were more than zero. Hate to lug the weight and bulk clear to Winter Harbor or Rivers Inlet ( which I will be hitting both in the next 3 weeks) for no reason....

Appreciate any information you might be willing to share with a wayward Yank :)

Capt. Red

I can't answer your questions, but I would say go for it. These are really nice traps and worth the price. You won't regret owning it and I'm sure you could resell it if you don't like it. Once their gone, I don't think you'll be able to get it again. They are really heavy, you need a good puller and some muscle to pull it back on board. I'm going to try what ILHG said and connect the rope to just one side. Makes sense to me.

I picked a Ladner pot and gonna give it a whirl. May not catch a dang thing, but the adventure of prospecting will be fun!

I picked a Ladner pot and gonna give it a whirl. May not catch a dang thing, but the adventure of prospecting will be fun!

Looking forward to hearing how you make out

Does anyone know if there is anywhere I could buy some of these pots? Used is OK. I tried emailing the company but there was very little response. Any help is appreciated.

Does anyone know if there is anywhere I could buy some of these pots? Used is OK. I tried emailing the company but there was very little response. Any help is appreciated.
Also , any updates if you folks who tried them were successful in catching anything?

I have been building a few different style of pyramid King/Tanner Crab traps in Prince Rupert for the last few years. PM me for details if you are interested. Been successful with King Crab, Tanner Crab, Dungeness Crab...and they catch prawns/shrimp too.

Attachments

• king trap 1.jpg
    king trap 1.jpg
    398.5 KB · Views: 158
  • king trap 2.jpg
    king trap 2.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 153
  • king trap 3.jpg
    king trap 3.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 137
  • king trap 4.jpg
    king trap 4.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 157
I
have two of the crab man traps I could sell you one for sure maybe both.
they’re are an excellent trap, top notch entrance doors. Big enough doors to catch box crab, tanners etc. But…. They are heavy. Ok me for details if your interested

Back