Just about had enough of Courtney O

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:Originally posted by Fishingfreak

How can Courtenay talk about concerns for the fishery when it is common knowledge that he guides clients on the Stamp (and other rivers) yet does not have a guiding licence!!!
I don't see him listed with rod days on the Hamthco River.
What a hypocrite!
I would suggest that you consider assumptions before facts...my guide license # is "AGNA0626178"...I do not guide on Classified Rivers...if you wish to fish the Homathco River I will recommend you to a licensed guide for that System. And my name is spelled Courtney !

...a friend and fellow angler has asked me to post a reply for him, to address Courtney with regard to his article in I.A. and to what Courtney has also said in this forum relating to Ken Myers.

Kenny Myers has asked me to post his letter in responce to Courtney writing - mainly because Ken is not interested in internet forum banter on a regular basis - therefore not wanting to become a regular member of this site. Ken feels that this is an importent topic to respond to - so here it is...

---------

Hi Robert

Please let me know if you have received this correctly?

Ken

In response to Courtney Ogilvie.

Holy crap Cortney! Where do I start.

In one of your forum letters you state, if I read this right, that I am foolish
and selfish. Another note you say we've talked many times about this topic and
you understand my issues.

Firstly, the only time I've talked to you about anything was at the Slide pool
three years ago. I was guiding Eddy "Chaloopa", as the late Phil Staniky
called him, and his girl friend's son. I don't know Ed's real last name. Ed
said he knew you so we pulled in and talked for a while that day. I don't
think we talked nearly long enough for you to understand my issues.

As for claiming that I'm foolish. When you say foolish are calling me stupid?
That letter to Island Angler, witch Andrew cut important parts from, was to
stir the pot on a user group issue that has been brewing for years. You have
been passionately writing / campaigning in I.A. for years bashing the use of
bait, gear and jets. Like you, I am starting to campaign. I am on a personal
mission to stop the ability of a minority user group from having a greater pull
in M.E.L.P.'s sketchy regulation proposal system. I can't achieve this alone. My aim is to rally support in dealing with this issue. You know that I am an angling guide on both fresh and tidal waters.
Inappropriate regulations continue to erode at these resources. I'm sure you
know I have been combating the ministry on last summer's proposal for the
Stamp. Anyways that I.A. letter was not foolish it is, like this letter, just a
necessary step in my mission and it certianly has served well to help further educate fellow anglers about issues of concern.

You say I'm selfish. Let me tell you a bit about myself. I have been fishing
here for a long time before guiding in my younger youth. I ate, slept and
breathed fishing, skipping school frequently to fish. I pleaded or bribed my
parents to drop me off at Stamp Falls Pool and I'd hitch hike home. I loved
talking to all the other anglers. Friendly older guys like Bill Hogarth and
Henry Forbes were like legends to me and I probably drove them nuts. My folks
frequently ragged on me about how failing English was detrimental to my future and
steelhead fishing was going to get me nowhere. They even had me convinced. I
chose fishing above what they said anyways.

We all fish for different reasons. To me fishing has always been an escape. In
younger years to escape stuff like pier pressure, puberty, home life issues.
The fish and the other animals related to this environment always treated me
with reliable consistency unlike the real world. Nowadays while fishing I
escape things like checking the mail, answering the phone or fixing my slow
leaky tire.

Being an aquarium hobbyist, I've had enjoyed years of observing most local
species of fish and other assorted marine life both fresh and salt water. This
hobby has greatly enhanced my understanding of aquatic life. Friends and myself
would spend hours watching my fish in the evenings. Tide pool raiding for weird
and new specimens was the evenings highlight.

Are you starting to feel it Courtney? Are you starting to feel my passion for fish and angling in general?

Well over the years some of my fishing grounds have gotten very crowed. Some days Stamp pool
was taken over by aggressive anglers from out of town. While some anglers
avoided eye contact to make me feel uncomfortable, while others out right told me that
they were there first and I was intruding on them. There was no escape. I never
had a problem sharing the pool when I got there first. Why do these people have
to be so grumpy? Why can't everyone just get along? And that's when the river
boat came into the picture. The boat allowed a whole new adventure to fishing!
New spots, no unfriendly anglers to contend with and running rapids offers me excitement and peace! I now can
escape again and again, any time I feel like it.

My fishy childhood lifestyle pretty much sculpted me into a fishing guide.
I've been guiding in this area for over 20 years now and did my first trip when
I was 15 for Alberni Pacific Charters, Bruce Thompson if anyone remembers him.
I still remember that day because one of my first guests asked me "how long have you
been at this"?

My jet boat has become the most important tool to my trade. After 8AM, the boat enables me
to, casually deal with what's left over after the morning
rush and after the early birds have picked holes, to get out and enjoy an opportunity to share my experiences with my gusts. I do not fish in other angler's drifts and nor do I anchor to obstruct any other
angler's activities. With the boat I can avoid intruding upon other anglers
chosen sites. My boat is my portable fishing spot. On a busy day I can always find a
spot to anchor out of the way, and far away from any crowded areas. All of the refuse amounted throughout my day is contained in my boat and
brought home with me. Many shore spots are littered with fishing junk and
beverage containers from bank anglers. I am not taking anything from any of the shore based anglers.

Over the years I have evolved as a fisherman. I don't need to catch every fish
in the river any more. I don't stand in the dark at the hot hole waiting for
light any more unless the group I'm with persuades me to do so. I enjoy watching
others catch fish more than myself. People have become more important to my
fishing than the fishing it self. My job of planning fishing holidays with friends has
become a dream come true for both the guests that I serve, as well as for me.

Courtney, are you starting to feel my love for people and fishing? Although I
don't have years of accumulated writings in my history, my passion for this
sport definitely matches yours and every other angler in this Province.

I have read some of your I.A. articles. You can produce some excellent reading
material. I lose all respect for you though when you divert to bashing fellow
fishery users. Most of these anglers you slam are real decent people. In the
game of sports fishing, I think that you deserve a penalty for unsportsmanlike like
conduct. Just my observation thus far.

My picture of your perfect world is based upon your view with in your writings in I.A.. Your articles
express tranquil and pristine settings. Nowhere do you express the other
anglers around you catching fish having fun unless they are other fly fishers.
Most other river users that you write about are a negative to your experience. In your perfect world, it
doesn't invite the rest of the angling community to fish beside you. What if
your ideals are to be implemented in the future? The result would be way less
angler fishing opportunities. Not all fishers want to be fly folks. Gone Fishing tackle could
change their name to Gone Fly fishing or they could rename it Quit Fishing or how about Gone
Golfing. Nothing against these stores, just an example or my opinion of what my view is of your perfect angling world, that I have read so many times in the pages of I.A.

Courtney, I've visited your web site. It's badly missing personal appeal. I
continually wanted to pan down on your pink salmon picture to see the anglers
face. You chopped the anglers head right off like he was a trout for the
frying pan. The best thing about fish pictures is the **** eating grin that
an excited angler displays when successfully landing and admiring their
quarry, wether caught on gear or by fly. Your love for fish seems to well exceed
your compassion for people. You see Courtney, it's People! and it's other
people too that are the most important part of any fishing experience.

If you actually think that roe and gear has caused the demise of the east
coast steelhead stocks than you badly need some biology lessons. If you aren't
already buddies with Bob Hooton then please give him a call. I think you two would
really hit it off.

Courtney, you have used the words "level the playing field" in your writings.
This phrase should mean [to balance off an unfair situation]. In my life
experience that phrase in it's application has always been to the real tune of, [we've been
putting forth efforts to undermine your situation behind your back and now you
are on to us these words are the only concrete justification that we have].
Yes Courtney, that is the real meaning of these words nowadays and the text in
witch they have been presented to me lately.

I have done a freedom of information request to the M.E.L.P. requesting the
inputs for last summer's regulation proposals. Because of lack to notify
stakeholders there were few responses. One of the letters compliments the
ministry staff for their regulation proposals and must be one of the people
who besieged the ministry with complaints. This letter appraises them to a
point nothing less than a scriptural ********. I guess they do owe them something? That
was quite the feat they pulled off. If the Ministry office were not protected
by the wildlife act I would pursuing legal action. I am fully convinced that
the present ministry staff would just terminate my guide license if they
legally could. After Bob Hootin chewed me out on the phone I found new desire
to fight this matter. I don't think that the ministry personnel, who are
supposed to be working for all of us, should be so opinionated, biased or emotional
on a situation with a body of water that has no conservation concerns. Is there a mandate to protect fish
and habitat or be referee on social issues? Kenny Myers is not going to bend
over give up a 20yrs.+ career just because of your self, the Ministry staff and a few
anglers do not approve of my charter service or services offered.

This is not about just me. I don't see myself standing in the rain for too
many more years anyway. To me this is about being decent to your fellow fisher
regardless of your differences and abuse of govt. power. The day that a grumpy
minority group gets their way with all of the resource is the day that I will
resign. I assure you Courtney, I will not go down with out a fight.

In my charter travels the majority of the angler's encountered smile and wave.
I think that I have earned some respect from the majority of the common
anglers by way of respectful use of my boat. I have over the years seen grown
men act like children when I passed by in my boat. These antics have always
been amusing but what you have been doing with your articles in I.A. is what now needs to be addressed.

It is a vision of mine to see all river anglers getting along. In the future
Courtney, wouldn't it be nice if we all got along? It would be great if we
could all, as individual anglers with our own personal preferences, sit around a camp
fire together sipping on a beverage at Stamp Falls and conversing over a good days adventure. Would that not be a nice fishing future? We could all
exchange fish tales and look back and laugh at this situation. Socializing
like this is another aspect of fishing that I've come to cherish. I don't see
this happening too soon. With your present popularity on the Stamp River this
would probably result in you being tied to a tree at the end of the night.

Well Courtney, I think I've said enough for now. There is so much more to
discuss but I'll have to save it for another day. I do hope that some day all the
user groups can come to the same table as maturing sportsmen and plan a
positive future for all of us.

Next time you are out on the river try to look past the fish and the river. Try
to see the joy that fishing brings to the other users around you. These people
have passion for this same resource, the same as you do, despite this
regulatory challenged time, we are not going to go away. Getting along with these
people is important, it will also benefit your future and can bring its own joys to many, many more anglers in the future.

Courtney, I'm sorry for saying what I say, but, not only is this sport a passion
of mine, it's my occupation and that makes it a personal issue, when you or anyone attacks my livelihood.

Good luck, Courtney

P.S.

I also want to thank anyone who has defended me on Sport fishing B.C. or helped
to continue debate this mater. Please keep this ball rolling as it is important to read and understand all views when relating to our passion.

Along with numerous correspondence letters to the ministry biologists I have
conducted surveys on the river and in tackle stores this winter. I sought
justification for the ministry's proposals and acquired better knowledge of
other angler's sentiments to these regulatory issues. I found that the feelings
of the average angler in the field [real world] were opposite than what the
ministry personnel stated to me. The Ministry personnel did not notify me for
input when proposing regs, then refused my input when I got wind of the situation
and responded to them. This material is very interesting!!! I am willing to surrender any
of this material to anyone who asks me to share, a Freedom of Information request is not
required.

Kenny Myers

I appreciate Kenny's response to my comments and showing his passion for the Sport we all enjoy ,or should I say live!. I have never suggested we close the Stamp River to gear and never would,I too fish gear as many know and love to fish the Centre pin and level wind reels.I have suggested we close or limit access to vulnerable fish in the upper reaches(above the falls) ,such as the Ministry has done from the Ash Confluence up during the Winter(Jan 1-April30). It is always about the Fish,and needs to be if there are to be fisheries at all. Over the past 4-5 years the majority of the Guides in their sleds have become much more respectful of beach anglers making the experience s better for all.
Perhaps,just perhaps,many of us don't really realize what we have and take it for granted...it won't last forever,but we can work hard to make it last as long as Possible.

Ken there is a lot of I,Mes and Mys in your letter are you taking this as a personal atack sorry if this offends you its just how the letter comes across to me

From what I have seen and heard from the many friends on the island I think Ken has a valid point and what he has wrote has merit people I know have said Ken is the most passionate fisherman out there and and me personally will back what he is defending!!!!!

NO one has the right to push for a ban on any of our fishery WE ALL pay taxes and conservation funds, so WHY cant we all get out there and enjoy what it has to offer if you choose to fly fish so be it if you want to bait fish so be it it is YOUR choice, If there is an issue with damage to ANY of our rivers or streams PLEASE bring forward SCIENTIFIC proof a certain type of fishing is damaging our systems NOT your personal believe.

We live in a country that is probably the best place to be dont forget that where else can you fish 24/7 365 if you so choose. we already have enough rules in our world WHY would you want more?????

My 2 cents Wolf

When I was little we used to watch the natives stack shopping carts with the open side down river end to end across a bottleneck on the Cowichan and then spear every fish that entered...pretty sure that had some impact on the river...and some of the stuff I see down there these days is questionable??...what or who says what is ethical or harmful to our fish?? and where do we draw the line???..Sometimes I catch a lot of fish on the fly....but my gear buddies always catch more!!...there are a few more issues than the Stamp...let's try to conserve it yes...but it seems healthy now and all this energy should be focused on our east side rivers that need it....anyhow..my 2 cents.

Everyone says its not an endangered system but if the hatchery was shut down Im not sure about genetic but I believe that system would go downhill very fast

This post is long overdue and it looks too me Courtney has met his match....I for one have had enough of the ban this close that atitude,if the gear and sled guys(im one of these)Have done so much damage why is the fishery so good?This past season was the one of the best in my 15 years of fishing the sss!I hold no grudge or dont discriminate against fly guys at all its just not my cup of tea!As a sled owner that isnt a guide ive fished the sss by sled for many years and have done my best too stay out of the way of guys like ken,dave and company when they are guiding and have never had any problems(except for one ***** who will remain nameless) and i always have been treated fairly by these guys despite the fact they probably dont really feel i should be out there.....however Courtney is another issue!Last December i hovered slowly down toward swansons at the end of the day and saw Mr.o wading up too his tits spey fishing at the tail end i pulled the boat too the beach way up at the top of the run and my buddy got out as nature was calling!I slowly walked down the bar talking too another angler when Court yelled at me "Cant you see this spot already has 3 anglers fishing?"I replied back "Do you see a rod in my hand?"Then Court went on too tell me too get in my sled and go the **** somewhere else!The point here is ive never been yelled at by any,Gear,sled,or fly guy other then the self-proclaimed spey guru Mr.O!Courtney you can save face here with an apology too Ken and the other sled guides and gear anglers you know the boorish goons that dump coffee cups out of there sleds and leave garbage everywhere!How about the next "The practical Angler in IA lets here you save some face here!The lets all get along theory sounds good too me and like they say Court if you can't beat em join em!However the tie him too a tree part sounds good too if you so choose!

Fish-Rite

Rvp-anything we can do down here on the south island petitions or anything e me im willing too help out and so are a lot of anglers i know around here.We cant get lazy on this issue!Thanks Rob for your help!Keep up the good work Ken!

Hello fellow anglers.
I like the input and feedback that I’ve been reading on this forum so I thought I better sign up. What a great way for the public to exchange info, ideas and learn of the issues pertaining to this sport.
I see there’s been a lot of traffic monitoring this subject. Must be pretty important matter to all that are concerned! This means a lot to me. Thank you Roe Bag for bringing up the subject.
As stated in my last short note I’ve been on a bit of a mission this winter. I’m sure that most of you all know about the regulation proposals last summer. It’s my belief that these were posted during the summer to avoid any negative responses. The ministry office has gone forward with their proposed “no fishing from boats” regulation for the Stamp River and this reg. is to be implemented. Anybody that knows me would appreciate what a real bummer this would be for me and my business. I started first asking questions to the Ministry biologists in Nanaimo. I then asked the habitat technician that I was fishing brood stock with one day with a few more questions. I finally got a couple of answers. I think everyone should hear them.
Here are the ministry stats for the Stamp river proposals as quoted to me: 1) Less than half (37%) of the 33 anglers who responded were in favour of expending use of bait to include the area from Girl Guide Falls to Stamp Falls to increase catch per unit effort.

2) Almost all (97%) of the 36 anglers responding were in favour of the proposal for no angling from a boat from the Girl Guide Falls to Stamp Falls. In fact there was a common theme of several respondents indicating they have hung up their gear due to frustration over competing with jet boats, and question why we stock the river with their tax dollars and licence fees for a superior level of use and enjoyment by guided clients.
O yes, you can believe that a charter service can be extracted from the best portion of the Stamp River. This has happened by the Ministry office in Nanaimo offering this reg to the public to vote on. I couldn’t believe that the ministry can take input from 35 people and regulate out a charter business that is enjoyed by 1000+ anglers [taxpayers] per year? In fact only 36 inputs was all the response the ministry felt they needed to make their final decisions on all our rivers proposals.
I‘ve been doing a lot of work to this mater. The deeper I dig and learned the more disappointed I become.
I have done a F.O.I. request for the proposal responses. After reading these inputs I was fully convinced that a high number of people that responded to these regs. were in fact the ones that inspired them. In the near future I plan to display these inputs on the net I just need to check some legalities. Unless the Ministry intervenes this public info will be out there for all to read. The govt. is supposed to be an open book so I see no problem in this. The average angler needs to know how their resource is being decided upon!!!

I originally started my mission to save my ability to operate as a guide on the Stamp river, while doing so realized what has happening to me was happening to everyone. The regulatory system has been manipulated to please a very small % of the angler public. It is my quest to make sure this does not continue.
Fellow anglers, I have conducted surveys on the river and in tackle stores this winter. I sought justification for the ministry’s proposals and acquired better knowledge of other angler’s sentiments to these regulatory issues. I found that the feelings of the average angler in the field [real world] were opposite than what the ministry personnel state to me. I submitted this stuff which is documented to the Ministry office and asked to include it to the proposal inputs as my response. They have denied acceptance of this material for what I consider unjust reasons.
There is a lot of social issues around the fishing community. The latest proposals have by and large have been socially erected. The M.E.L.P. in general has done a fabulous job with stream restoration and fish data. Please keep up this good work. I think the ministry needs to get out of the tackle box though and spend these efforts on biology also.
Presently I await for response from the man who signs my guide license. He apparently was going to get back to me but has not responded for two months now. Perhaps he thinks I will just go away.
Against the Ministry biologists [who make the regs.] I am powerless. The only tool I know is public awareness. I have personally taken up the ministry’s task as it’s been quoted to me of “accommodating the interests of all anglers”. I believe the Ministry has failed at this and I plan to see this task through.
Mr. Roe Bags, I’m new to internet talk forums and don’t know how to start another topic or when this one is done? As much as venting on Courtney feels great the stuff that I want to bring out should really be under another topic. This doesn’t mean to stop this because it’s a great subject too. My intentions to educate the average angler on the ministry’s regulatory procedures are not directed at Courtney. My writings will expose my correspondence with the ministry office and I want to keep this topic as clean and professional as possible.
Thank you again for any of you supporting this cause. Anyone wishing to help me accomplish my task feel free to call me on the phone, I’m in the book.
I do have a meeting with my local M.L.A this week I’ll keep you all posted.

Tight lines, Ken Myers

I know this may sound like a strange question but I am interested in the info nonetheless. Why can't the jet guides do the same job in a drift boat? Is the jet really that much of an advantage ? Are the costs of running a jet comparable? or is it just the ease of use and effort that the jet delivers? Seriously, I would think more people would be interested in drifting and enjoying the river than hearing the noise of that jet motor. On another note I can't imagine what it would have been like to have bought property on the Stamp for the peace and quiet and now to have the boats rippin by!!!???.thx in advance for the info.

...the sleds have been working the river system for over twenty five years - the number of fish in the SSS has never really deviated much from the projected formulas within the Ministries directives, from one year to the next. Yes, there have been odd years where the numbers have been up or down, but in all of my angling experiences on the SSS, I do not remember a single time, other than when the chinook crashed in the 80's, where it was such a conservation concern. They did not limit the boats then - so why would it be of concern today? Bait closures were implemented,access was limited as well as other conservation measures, but the boats were allowed to ride...so why limit them today!!!

To me it sounds like a small group of anglers running on the limited term or phrase that has been read here, or heard everywhere else for that matter, over and over again - "LEVEL THE PLAYING FIELD!" Quiet simply put...I think that this type of mentality sounds like an out of towner driving around Victoria, trying to find a good stair case to empty his huge dump truck load of sloppy BS and expecting no repremand for his actions. A minority group can not effectively speak on behalf of anything that could ever benefit the majority of the angling public here in BC - let alone see them be fair to one and all.

What would "you" do to finish the bickering once and for all? what limits, or regs would you implement to balance conservation and to continue a viable fishery...hopefully a VERY healthy one...because ...as we all know guiding and charters depend on healthy returns....and hell, how fun is it when we actually get some great returns...we all love it...anyhow...I'd like to hear some constructive cooperative ideas on this forum so everyone can enjoy our incredible rivers. !

squeeky wheel gets the grease! obviously the minorty has done a better job at expressing their opinion then the general angling population.

Write letters, start petitions, picket ministry offices, keep phoning, contact the media.

I'm sure you alberni guides bring more money into the valley then a couple of spey and gay elitists.

I do agree with Mouthouse, Jets are annoying as hell for everybody around them except for the people in them.

Its akin to going for nice relaxing hike in the forest and having dirtbikes ripping by, 2 user groups using the same resource, but looking for different experiences.

But I don't fish the Stamp, thankfully there are lots of options on the island.

Don't give up fighting

quote:Originally posted by Poppa Swiss
Jets are annoying as hell for everybody around them except for the people in them.

But I don't fish the Stamp, thankfully there are lots of options on the island.

Poppa - if you have not ever experienced the SSS, and the use of sleds on the flow, either in one or on the bank while one went by...then how can you comment that they are annoying. For me, in fact I welcome them with open arms, while in most cases once they have past by, the fish do become very aggresive and have tackled my offering hundreds of times after boats and pontoons or sleds pass. I also enjoy traveling and fishing out of any kind of floatation. I'll fish from a log to do what I need to do to enjoy what I like to do while angling...so I hope that the powers are prepared to ban fishing from trees and innertubes, what ever...

I never said I haven't fished the system, I said I DON'T fish the system, just too busy for me.

I'm not a big steelheader, but I like to go out a couple of times a year to get my fishing fix between salmon seasons. I like a "one with the river" experience, no boats passing by, no other people around, no sign of previous anglers(line, wool etc.) and of course wild fish.

I agree with all of your previous posts RVP and I hope you guys fight and keep that river open to all anglers.

I have lots of options and prefer to fish water that looks this:
IMG_1922.jpg

Its a big island with plenty of water for everyone, and please nobody name the river in the pic if you reconize it.

I’d like to try to answer a couple of questions for Mouth House. I hope this work for you.
Why not drift vs. jet for guiding? On an average day during the middle of January this past season I would imagine that about 7-9 guide boats would operate on this stream. This number could include another 10-15 combined other, power boats, drift boats or other types of floatation devices. This being peek season for river traffic there’s probably say 20-30 shore based anglers also. So in a busy day you could assume the river was bombarded by as many as 70 eager anglers throughout the SSS system. Shared knowledge by most successful anglers is that the Stamp fish have been dominantly holding in the falls to bucket area the last few seasons. ie. swim count this season as reported to me by one of the swimmers The steelhead count this year between the falls and Danelucks was 602, of these fish 95% were observed above the "bucket". It seems to be normal human nature to try to be in the most opportune spot possible resulting in what some people would consider crowding in this area. Now if say 7 drift guides and 10 other eager drifters all start at the falls area with a shot gun start probably starting well before light, where are all the guys on shore going to stand? Should all these drift boat guides be in a rush to go down river and leave the fish holding areas? What words are going to be exchanged when everyone has to, o my god “share the holes”? I personally prefer to work from the other way. My self and my guests are presently able to work from down river and finish near the top. As explained in an earlier note the no mater how busy the river is we can usually avoid intruding upon the many other anglers drifts by up or down to find an unoccupied spot. Another reason of mine is the reality that a 175lb middle aged guide, let’s call him ¼ hoarse power, paddling 700lb+s of guests, gear and boat down the Stamp river is not all that safe. Some guests prefer to drift and that service is available to them. Most of all my guests just want to avoid the rat race, as much as possible, and catch a few fish.
The noise issue? The unexpected CRACK!!! of a high powered rifle still to this day scares the poop right out of me seasonally the first few times I here it, while in the rifle range area. If I fished from shore in that area and the noise really annoyed me that much I would carry ear plugs, at least the boats can be heard from a ways away and I’d have lots of time to insert these items. Between a few river boats in the winter, water bombers in the summer, rifles, helicopters, planes all year long all the rational land owners I’ve asked don’t seem to care or notice the jet boats.
How to stop the bickering? Now that’s a really good question. I personally don’t think there is a way to accomplish that. There are people in this world that just have to complain there’s no reasoning with these people. This personality type person can be caught in a lie, confronted and they will still think that they were totally just afterwards. A good start to lessen the bickering would be to create more opportunities for all the anglers so they can spread out. Another way would be to not discriminate anglers because of technique. Most of the decent people that I know seem appreciate all types of angling and don’t judge others for any silly reason. Mr. Mouth House as I sit here reading last summers proposal responses I become under the impression that most of the bickering has come largely from an assorted group of fly fishers. These people are the ones doing most of the complaining. There the individuals that have besieged the Ministry office with complaints over the years and been rewarded for there efforts via. recent proposals. I do know that these whiners are people too, but they already have special places granted for them all over the Island and I think they should be happy enough.
Another serious issue that comes apparent while reading these proposal letters is that these complainers have a hate on for guiding. This I’ve seen before in Gold River by a Campbell river angler group. This I don’t think there is a cure for. Thankfully this attitude is shared by a very small % of the total anglers out there.
Mr. Mouth House, now that I’ve answered some of your questions can you please answer a few of mine? How many days per season do you personaly fish the Stamp river system. Have you ever had a jet boat ruin your day by passing through the area, fishing around you or catching all of the fish on you? Have or would you ever go on a jet boat charter on this stream? Have you fished with guides on other rivers? If you are against jets for what reasons do yuo have for this? This is important to me as I really do care what the other anglers around me think of me and my services.
I look forward to your response,
Fishmyster

Why not just an equal playing field for all Let everyone run a sled with a 90 hp jet (if they can afford it)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back