jigging for salmon

i was wondering if neone out there could let me know if there is any place close to howe sound that has been successful for jigging for salmon. or at least any tips? If so please let me know where and what to use
thanks

Edited by - tyee hunter on 07/20/2004 12:07:48

Jigging has never been popular in the area and with fewer fish than ever the answer is no.
You might try the Gong Show in front of the Crapilano if you have the stomach for it.

that's why there's a warranty!

Jigging has never been popular in the area and with fewer fish than ever the answer is no.
You might try the Gong Show in front of the Crapilano if you have the stomach for it.

that's why there's a warranty!

I primarily jig off Gower Point and Camp Byng (just NW of Howe Sound). It has been pretty tough the last few years, so I am considering going back to trolling. I enjoy jigging because of the lack of motor noise, but there also seems to be a lack of fish. If you do happen to get into a good school of Springs, the action can be amazing. Unfortunately, that doesn't happen so much any longer.

I have also jigged Salmon Rock and Hutt Island in the past.... Hutt Island only provided several endangered ling cod.

I'll be up there in a couple weeks to try trolling again.... and maybe some jigging too. I'll post a report when I get back...

I primarily jig off Gower Point and Camp Byng (just NW of Howe Sound). It has been pretty tough the last few years, so I am considering going back to trolling. I enjoy jigging because of the lack of motor noise, but there also seems to be a lack of fish. If you do happen to get into a good school of Springs, the action can be amazing. Unfortunately, that doesn't happen so much any longer.

I have also jigged Salmon Rock and Hutt Island in the past.... Hutt Island only provided several endangered ling cod.

I'll be up there in a couple weeks to try trolling again.... and maybe some jigging too. I'll post a report when I get back...

Buzz Bombs, Zzingers..... many of the Stingsilda type lures..... Most luck is on Zzingers (they work well because they weigh more than buzz bombs so you can stay near the bottom). Most luck has been in the AM... slack tide....

What part of Howe Sound have you been trying?

Buzz Bombs, Zzingers..... many of the Stingsilda type lures..... Most luck is on Zzingers (they work well because they weigh more than buzz bombs so you can stay near the bottom). Most luck has been in the AM... slack tide....

What part of Howe Sound have you been trying?

Say hi if you're out by Gower/Chaster or Camp Byng and you see a 12 foot aluminum with "PJ's" on the bow. That's me..... (got a cabin between Chaster and Camp Byng)

Say hi if you're out by Gower/Chaster or Camp Byng and you see a 12 foot aluminum with "PJ's" on the bow. That's me..... (got a cabin between Chaster and Camp Byng)

Back