Islander MR3 bearings

If you have a Motion Canada store near you..
https://www.motioncanada.ca/miLocations.jsp
Bearings are made by different company's and of varying qualitys.
Motion would likely have a choice between $1.58 Chinese and better bearings.

The bearing that came out was an EZO made in Japan bearing that had at the most 50 days of fishing on it. I pulled off the side shields and for whatever reason the majority of the grease was on one side and the other side had very little grease. May over time just the reel sitting on its side the grease migrates?

That’s awesome. Buy them in bulk and sell to them to the rest of us for a few bucks more.

I bought 10 to see how they look. I plan on keeping 2 and will send out the other 8 to people for free if they would like to try them. Would be good to get a review from several people. For the price you can replace each year and be money ahead.

I have seen a lot of new bearings with a crap brown wax grease with no free oil. I have repacked a lot of bearings, even alternator bearings that are going to see perhaps 15000 to 20000 rpm and repacked with nice red synthetic. The ice cream bucket I have left came from the jet aircraft guys and probably 30 years old however use it for everything.
Plastic sealed bearings easy to pull apart however even steel seals if your careful easy enough to pull apart and re seal.

Got the bearings. Anyone interested in trying one out? If so send me a pm with your shipping address and I will send them out. Have 8 that I am willing to mail out.
Original on the left and the new “$1.58” one on the right .
1609880E-7439-4E81-A862-DE8D50C281B8.jpeg

Last edited:
Back