Is he "fishing" ?

Charlie

Is so, I might have to try his bait! :)

If you haven’t looked at this yet, you might find the below interesting? Play the video! And yes, I do already have a few on board, in case I run out of bait, but haven’t put them to the test, yet!
http://baitrix.com/
quote: My name is Tom Davis, owner of Rhys Davis Ltd. We produced frozen herring strips for over 50 years for anglers from the Pacific and Great Lakes regions. These strips changed the way many people fished for salmon. Two years ago we ceased production of these frozen baits due to regulatory issues on the US side of the Great Lakes.

Since that time I have worked with Gord McKay of Baitrix Fishing Products to develop an artificial alternative to frozen herring strips. For 2010 Baitrix have come up with a newly designed artificial herring strip. They will be available in a variety of colors, including Ultra Violet Blue and UV Green. These strips have been re-designed to closely match the original Rhys Davis "pennant shaped" herring strips.
I rarely lend my name to any fishing lure that I have not been totally responsible for in terms of research and design. However I am totally convinced that the new Baitrix strips are the best alternative to real herring strip available today.

I have test fished these strips since July of 2009 and they consistently produce adult Chinooks, feeder Chinooks, Coho and Sockeye salmon. These artificial strips are also incredibly durable. I have taken over 40 shots from salmon on one bait and it is still producing fish. To back up my own tests I have given samples to some of my regular test fishermen and their results have been similar or even better, with one angler taking his biggest chinook of the year on the Baitrix Ultra Violet Blue Strip. Others have come back to me with comments like ... "incredible action", "very fishy", "surprised by the results" and "easy to use". Based on this type of success I am confident that these new Baitrix strips will produce Salmon and larger trout species wherever they are used."

Tom Davis
Rhys Davis Ltd.
Sidney, British Columbia

YES they work I have been trying these for a long time now when he first introduced them to alot of us around here before he put them on the market.
Tom is a great guy who really want to know how it works and what you catch on his products,I only use his teaser heads nothing else.
I love taking back a teaser head that has no paint left and all scooreed up with teeth marks and "say this didnt last too long only got 20 springs on it" He just laughs and toses me a new one.

He is one great guy who really cares about fisherman if you ever get a chance to talk to him at a show etc do as he LOVES fishing and talking about it.

Wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

Yup they work. I bought a couple of them about two years ago and have used them on both summer and winter chinook. I would still fish bait first but these are a close second.

I ordered some needlefish baits and Gord sent me a carepackage
with strip,tiny strip,herring and anchovie in a number of colors.
It looks good especially the U.V. blue strip.
will be trying it out this summer.

i've been using his strip for a couple years now and it does work.Some days it even outfishes bait.

Are they for sale now? the strip that is? I'd be interested in buying a bunch for sure.........I have seen the anchovie/herring ones but not the tiny strip.

I took a bunch to the east coast last June. They were very effective on Bluefish and Striped Bass in Long Island Sound.

Hey RVP/unknown/rob/.... do you have any of these? Let me know I would like some.

Cheers,

boat-2.jpg

Tom showed me the new UV strip - it is amazing. I haven't yet fished it but he's going to get samples to me to test fish. The smaller strip and holders look like they will be DEADLY when the fish are onto needlefish. When the product hits the store shelf I would recommend grabbing some before the UV stuff is scooped up.

Searun

th_067.jpg

I just sprayed my baitrix and head with UV Blast. Nice lings last time out.

When you fish this strip or real strip, do you sink a hook into the strip when trolling or let it swing free?

quote:Originally posted by CIVANO

When you fish this strip or real strip, do you sink a hook into the strip when trolling or let it swing free?

extend the hook to the end of the tail and just let it dangle free...don't hook it up.

I was over at his workshop last week and grabbed some of the trout sized strips...apparently killer for winter springs as well.

Back