Intellisteer?

burnsy22

Anyone had first hand use with this system? Good or bad...I have cable steering and just want to put it on my kicker only.

Thanks.

Anyone had first hand use with this system? Good or bad...I have cable steering and just want to put it on my kicker only.

Thanks.

I use an older model and it works well. The only thing is the turn rate is constant. If you, or your fishing buddy, start turning the wrong way, is takes a bit to correct.
Always have spare batteries or the other remote, because you have no other option to steer the kicker.
Very solid unit. Other than above, no complaints.

Lol. Fair enough.

I wouldn't fish without mine. Is there something better? I don't keep up with the tech anymore

Price has gone way up. GPS city sold me mine 18 months ago for 1800 CAD. Now it's 3k

Just my opinion. Sorry if I offended anyone that owns one. Intelisteer and tr1 are two different things. TR1 is an auto pilot. Intelisteer is giving yourself the ability to remote steer your boat without an auto pilot. I don't need or want an auto pilot so on the new project ,I am installing an intelisteer.

Just my opinion. Sorry if I offended anyone that owns one. Intelisteer and tr1 are two different things. TR1 is an auto pilot. Intelisteer is giving yourself the ability to remote steer your boat without an auto pilot. I don't need or want an auto pilot so on the new project ,I am installing an intelisteer.

Lol. No offense taken.

Especially since my boat is lighter and I fish alone a lot, the TR-1 holding a heading while I set gear, play fish etc is such a nice way. Hell it keeps the boat straighter than 80% of the people I've had at the helm.

They are pricey though, but screw it, the amount of time and money we spend on this game, I wouldn't fish without one anymore

Back