installing wiper motors

spring time

I'm looking for advice form you guys. how hard is it to install wiper motors in a boat (trophy) what kind are the best. mine doesn't have them and I'm sick of getting wet thanks

Hijack time:D

It's not something I think about until I get out some days and wish I had a wiper. I've been wondering the exact same thing.

Thanks for asking the question, it will help me out as well.

[quotehow hard is it to install wiper motors in a boat [/quote]

I don't know exactly how your boat is setup - but its just a matter of drilling a hole, mounting the motor(2-4 screws) and running the wires to the switch panel.

I'd say its relatively easy on most boats but you want to know what you are doing before you drill half inch holes in your boat.

There are 100 s of trophy around. Have a look and copy what they have done. Don,t try to reinvent the wheel. Thanks Willyd

Be very careful drilling next to tempered glass, if you touch it with the drill bit it will literally explode.:D

IMG_1445.jpg

....or, you can buy yourself an $8 bottle of RainX and forget about the wiper all together. One application lasts for months and the stuff really works well. Water just beads and slides off.

My wiper motor died last summer and instead of paying the cost of new, I used the hole for a second GPS and have been using the RainX since. I see no need to go back to a wiper.

quote:Originally posted by TenMile

....or, you can buy yourself an $8 bottle of RainX and forget about the wiper all together. One application lasts for months and the stuff really works well. Water just beads and slides off.

<Snip>

Ah, RainX. Great stuff for a boat.

I've been using it for years now. The thing I really like about it is when you take a wave that goes over the window, it sheets off much faster than a bare window. Helps you see what's going on when things get nasty.

It also helps to keep the salt from sticking to the windows.

Jim's Fishing Charters
www.JimsFishing.com
http://ca.youtube.com/user/Sushihunter250

Absolutely, rainx is an incredible product. I buy the wipes and always have a bottle of it on hand to treat my window after every second trip. It really works.

Back