installing a fuel filter

C

chromechaser

Just bought a racor fuel filter at Steveston Marine and am wondering whether I can use plain old teflon tape for the fittings. Steveston has a fuel line tape, but I didn't want to drive all the way back to get it (had all three kids with me when I picked it up and forgot to get it then). Tried Canadian Tire and Lordco but neither had anything other than regular plumber's tape.

finally got a straight answer from someone who seemed to know what he was talking about.
Just in case anyone is interested this is what I found out: apparently regular teflon tape is just fine. Just need to be careful not to let it pass the end of the fitting and risk blocking gas flow. Also advised me to use no more than one wrap otherwise fitting may not thread in all the way.

Went through same scenario yesterday. There is gas line teflon, but not necessary to use, have been using reg. teflon tape for years. Also true, do not put tape over leading edge. Have been putting on 2-3 wraps haven't heard only one wrap before. Thanks for the info.

Went through same scenario yesterday. There is gas line teflon, but not necessary to use, have been using reg. teflon tape for years. Also true, do not put tape over leading edge. Have been putting on 2-3 wraps haven't heard only one wrap before. Thanks for the info.

Back