Indian Candy?

E

Eagle Eyes

hey people, I have decided I would like to try making Indian Candy sometime this year, but have never done it before. I am quite experienced with normal hot smoking and have a good consistant product there. any tips on recipies or methods? thanx.

Eagle Eyes here is a great recipe site www.bradleysmoker.com then goto there forum and you will find some good brines.Also I have one and here it is

1 1/2 cups coarse salt
2 cups dark brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup real maple syrup
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup dark rum

Mix ingriedients together with about 4-5 cups hot water then place in fridge to cool brine.Place fish in brine for 12-24 hrs depending on thickness of strips.After brining place strips of fish on smoker rack and sprinkle some fresh ground pepper on the fish.Let fish dry on smoker racks for 1hr place in smoker and smoke for desired time 3-4 hrs and the rest is drying time another2-3hrs.Hope this helps Eagle Eyes.

BTW what kind of smoker do you have?

Catch it,Kill it,Smoke it.

just a lil chief, but it sure works great for a coho chum or sockeye hot smoke. im used to the dry brines, but that recipie sounds excellent. hopefully upgrading to a big chief or something along those lines this year.

I have a lil chief but I upgraded to a bradley smoker 6 months ago.
The lil chief is great for hotsmoking salmon.Good luck with the indian candy

Mike

Catch it,Kill it,Smoke it.

thanx, if i pick up some cohos on my port alberni trip this week ill giver a try. otherwise some chums in the fall may find their way into the cheif.

Back