In search of FUGLY 2

In regards to that 20' Hourston, just a heads up, im pretty sure this was the hourston that the owner was trying to kill the inboard so he could replace it with a pod and outboard. Remember hearing they ran it without oil among other things to try and kill it.
Different boat, that guy had a 305 chev from Nanaimo. Yamaha kicker and different cabin layout with cook top instead of 4 seats.

I would be having my certified marine mechanic with me to view it , im not scared of the inboard at all and my Hemi would tow it no problem, just need to be sure , something tells me its to good of a deal...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup , now your talkin, im not afraid of a bit of a project but i don't want a money pit either, i agree with everyone the Hourston has beautiful lines and i would buy it if it checked out okay, still kicking myself for not scraping the money together for Kelly's boat when it was up for sale.., im lucky to have SFBC To help narrow it down, thanks everyone for the help , this thread could go on for awhile , not going to jump on the first boat i look at ,(thats why im starting in February...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup , now your talkin, im not afraid of a bit of a project but i don't want a money pit either, i agree with everyone the Hourston has beautiful lines and i would buy it if it checked out okay, still kicking myself for nit scraping the money together for Kelly's boat when it was up for sale.., im lucky to have SFBC To help narrow it down, thanks everyone for the help , this thread could go on for awhile , not going to jump on the first boat i look at ,(thats why im starting in February...

Good idea you should be able to find a good deal on the right boat this time of year

I'm not positive, but that sure looks like the boat I had a look at three weeks ago. It was a 20' podded sea ray. Guy was at $2000.00 then. Firm. A week later it was at $2500.00 and now I see it at $3500.00. Can't be a hundred percent but I think it is. Interior needed work on the one I looked at. For the life of me I can't remember what was on it for power.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes i spotted that one to, i have no problems with the doghouse, looks like a good deal too, in comox valley anyone know the boat?

That one is a beauty but i am trying to stay 20 feet and under and i need a trailer. Beautiful boat though..

Yup , now your talkin, im not afraid of a bit of a project but i don't want a money pit either, i agree with everyone the Hourston has beautiful lines and i would buy it if it checked out okay, still kicking myself for not scraping the money together for Kelly's boat when it was up for sale.., im lucky to have SFBC To help narrow it down, thanks everyone for the help , this thread could go on for awhile , not going to jump on the first boat i look at ,(thats why im starting in February...

All boats are money pits my friend....Don't kid yourself....Fishing/Boating is the worst investment financially... That's probably why I love it so much..:p

I know bud, what i meant was i dont want to be off the water because i bought a floating grenade, i want reliable power , like you said i don't go Far to fish , but i can fish all day no probs ,

20' Hourston is still the best boat I've seen on here. Simple and not much really to go wrong on that. Cheap to fix. Should at least go make an offer or check it out. That's good value there.

Either way any boat you buy you're going to (read: should) do some maintenance before running it!

Just buy a cheap kicker???

Back