I'm a addict. ..

Wow, unbelievable difference from the original shape it was in. Very nice work. I'm sure this boat will be great looking and a fantastic platform to fish out of when you're finished. I especially like the water ballast hull design you chose. It's a shame more current boat makers don't adopt that type of design. Keep up the great work, and thanks for posting your project for us to enjoy it as it comes along.

Not sure if you're aware some new water ballast boat manufacturers have an option to open and close the water entrance/exit port in some of the newer designs. Hardly essential but a nice option if you are traveling slowly through any area with rocks or shallow water. You just actuate a switch and it closes the port keeping the water out of the hull. Boat rides higher and keeps the prop safer. I could totally see that being handy if having to travel the river off the high tide at Port Renfrew.

Just curious for my own knowledge... How will you be bolting/ installing the CC onto the floor... You mention an Access panel under the console, then SS bolts through the floor/ 3M sealant? - If water ever happens to penetrate the deck will it run back to the bilge? That deck isn't a self bailer by chance is it?

Awesome little runabout. Impressed with the work ethic, sure moving along fast on the project! Not gone overboard yet built to last on a budget that's fantastic.

Just curious for my own knowledge... How will you be bolting/ installing the CC onto the floor... You mention an Access panel under the console, then SS bolts through the floor/ 3M sealant? - If water ever happens to penetrate the deck will it run back to the bilge? That deck isn't a self bailer by chance is it?

Awesome little runabout. Impressed with the work ethic, sure moving along fast on the project! Not gone overboard yet built to last on a budget that's fantastic.
I sealed /glued it down with 3m 5200. The center section drains into the bilge, for the 2 outer sections I'm installing inspection covers in the back corners so I can put a hand pump in on the slim chance water does get in20170402_175345.jpg

Seat showed up today, it's not quite tall enough so I need to build a4-5" riser or have my favourite fabricator build one for me :)20170410_192340.jpg

Paint job looks awesome as always man :cool:.

Can't wait to see some blood on her decks :).

Last edited:
Seat showed up today, it's not quite tall enough so I need to build a4-5" riser or have my favourite fabricator build one for me :)View attachment 32386
You could have that made into extra storage space that you could slide plano trays into. Just a thought you can never have too many covered storage compartments on an open boat. Awesome work, she's looking great already.

You need your own tv show, man. Extreme boat makeovers.

Awesome job as always. Love your threads on how you breath new life into old rigs.

That is awesome! Love the colour.

Love the colour... I get carried away with my boat projects, totally understand the fastidious attention to detail and wanting it nice, new and 'complete'. What system do you use? PPG, Awlgrip? Does it hold up well to abuse from docking, fender-abrasion, etc?

Curious to see what you do for deck coating. Just did a new deck coating with PPG epoxy primer and Kiwi-Grip, turned out really well but always like to see what other's do with their projects for future ideas.

Love the colour... I get carried away with my boat projects, totally understand the fastidious attention to detail and wanting it nice, new and 'complete'. What system do you use? PPG, Awlgrip? Does it hold up well to abuse from docking, fender-abrasion, etc?

Curious to see what you do for deck coating. Just did a new deck coating with PPG epoxy primer and Kiwi-Grip, turned out really well but always like to see what other's do with their projects for future ideas.
I used PPG Evolution Base/clear. It's a very durable finish but that being said, it's still just paint and if you smash the dock it's gonna scratch :) I haven't done the floor yet, still very unsure what to use, you have any pics of your kiwi grip job?

Back