I finally did it... Bought a boat!!

Yup! My $2500 boat is approaching $21,000 in equipment being added! I think I’m averaging about $2k a day into it at the moment!
Worth every penny! Can’t wait till you break in the new ‘Zuki.

I put the Bennet trim tabs on myself with the dual switches so I can adjust as people move around the boat.... put them on before putting it in the water.... but I know she rides smoooooooth..... when you shut the ignition off they retract and level back to flat so you don't have to remember to level them back out before take off..... worth the $$$ for sure..... can't recall how much they were....

My wife decided she wanted to come in the store with me today when I went checking out what I need for electronics. I told her she should look around the store but what can you do when instead she stands there while I'm getting the options/ recommendations and prices. I think I'm going to go by myself when I actually start picking everything up, and then I'll just let her see a couple of items, lol

My wife decided she wanted to come in the store with me today when I went checking out what I need for electronics. I told her she should look around the store but what can you do when instead she stands there while I'm getting the options/ recommendations and prices. I think I'm going to go by myself when I actually start picking everything up, and then I'll just let her see a couple of items, lol
“All of those things for a $10,000 boat!” She’d ask.
;)

She is ready to be picked up. They swapped out the 115 for the 150 & added my fish finder & radio. I'm going to wait until April to bring it home.

Attachments

• IMG_0591.JPG
    IMG_0591.JPG
    693.7 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_0515.JPG
    IMG_0515.JPG
    655.1 KB · Views: 126
Thanks guys!

I will have to race you Curtis!

Im working on something that might give me an edge... Just not sure how it will fit & I am a little worried about loss of deck space.

Attachments

• _jet_engine_boat.jpg
    _jet_engine_boat.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 89
A self bailing deck overtop and some high side rails will fix that problem. Might be a little hard to reach the fish you catch though. LOL

Oly

I’ve been using Dolphin Insurance in Vancouver for the past few years. Never had any claims (knock on wood) but they are great people to deal with. The underwriter for my policy is Lyod. Reputable international underwriter in the marine business. Your insurance cost will depend on your coverage and limit but you are looking at $600-800/year for an average coverage. Add more coverage/ limits and it could really go up. If you are a Power Squadron member there’s always discounts to be had.

Call 2-3 brokers and get some quotes. Research the reputation of the broker and underwriter before going with the lowest quote.

Thanks for everyone's help with insurance. I ended up going with Dolphin Insurance. They were ~$400 less than my current provider for my house & vehicles (TD Insurance). Also they have WAY more on the policy, definitely best bang for my buck.
It worked out to $800/yr.

ILHG,

Congratulations on the new toy! As soon as I purchased my Sportsman, I realize the SeaRunner is going to be the "next one" for my needs.

I'm going to pay close attention to your boating posts for a while my friend!

Happy boating / fishing!

Back