Hunting & Fishing Heritage Act

IronNoggin

As most here are likely aware, the Hunting and Fishing Heritage Act was designed to help protect our Hunting & Fishing activities into the future. Recently MLA John Rustad tabled Private Members Bill M211 to amend the Act and strengthen it to further protect these activities in BC.

As it is currently worded, the Act says ‘A person has the right to hunt and fish, according to the law.
And as such, should any government change an associated law, the right can be immediately extinguished.
MLA Rustad has submitted an amendment to strike ‘ according to the law’ and replace it with subject to conservation and public safety law.’ There are multiple advantages to the Act being re-worded as suggested, not the least of which is protecting hunting and fishing rights from extinguishment by agenda driven politicos.

To offer our support, an online petition was set up this very morning. I would like to ask the Members here to help us in this pursuit. It is quick, easy & painless. I believe we can present a united front on this issue, and let the government know we are behind this proposition to better secure what we all enjoy down the road.

Petition Link Here: https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/protect-a-persons-right-to-hunt-and-fish

I also have paper copies of a related Petition. Should anyone want a copy for circulation, please pm and I'll send it along forthwith.

Cheers & Thanks!
Nog

Have no issue with donating, just like to do a little due diligence to confirm funds are spent "properly" before entering a CC #. Its like the outdoorspeople who shop at MEC, ignorant to the fact they are supporting an anti outdoors organization.

HM

Back