Hunting 2012

Hunting SK

Had a succesful trip in the ice cube province. Passed up lots of nice deer, and bagged a nice 6x6 second to last day, should go high 130's i think....not good at guessing. Wicked fun trip out here, but hard on trucks....tho. Going to check out some Ice fishing While are 5k transmission gets installed!!

It wound up going 152 7/8 pts

Attachments

• DSC01697.jpg
    DSC01697.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 154
Last edited by a moderator:
Just got back from sask 4 bucks nothing huge this year 4 pters ill post pics later (lippy) got some great pics of 2 whitetails fighting for about 15 mins we watched was VERY cool.
Hook im thinking that buck will be a alot higher than you think here is a link you can use to score it http://www.boone-crockett.org/bgRec...sp?area=bgRecords&type=Typical+Whitetail+Deer its what i use and very easy keep us up todate

Good luck wolf my guess is 160

IMG_1240.jpg

NICE deer nog!!!
So hook what did that whitey score at????
We butcher next weekend from the deer of sask as they were frozen like a brick in the cooler slowly thawing.

Great post Nog! Thanks for sharing.

You got the same saw I do. Love it! $225-bucks, can't beat it for a camp saw.

Is them 300-win mags you're loading? (or 7-mm/mag?)

I will green score it this weekend, see what it goes. We got together with some friends out there and did a big sausage/butcher day, which is akways a blast.

Nice buck Nog! Wtg! glad you connected this season!
Skunked so far for me this year... but hey thats how it goes bow hunting, Lots of sightings and close encounters
It was pretty hard leaving the 06 in the gun case all year, wouldve been a dead buck longtime ago lol
Maybe ill make it happen in January when bow season opens on Texada isl. Puttin up my trail cams there this week
DSCN0369.jpg
DSCN0379.jpg
DSCN0377.jpg

Thanks Fellas, certainly was an Enjoyable Experience for the most part...

Is them 300-win mags you're loading? (or 7-mm/mag?)

In the pictures on the linked thread (Hunting Site) the ammo seen is 300 Weatherby Magnum. My Favorite Big Rifle for larger game. Old German-Made Gal with a new Belgian Cold Rolled Barrel on her, she very much is a Shooter! Funny, although I packed a couple of rifles, they never did get to see any action. Far preferring the adrenaline-pumping In-Your-Face Action with the bow!

It was pretty hard leaving the 06 in the gun case all year, wouldve been a dead buck longtime ago lol

Gets downright ADDICTING doesn't it! In the areas I was working the farms down-Island, IF I had been packing a rifle, I could have easily scored several times on three Blacktails that FAR surpass what I have taken previously. Each time I kicked myself in the butt for packing the bow instead. And each new hunt I went on, the bow jumped into the truck while the rifles pined away in the closet. LOL!
Since switching back to the pointy-sticks, I am having so much FUN that I don't want to give it up! Brings The Game to a whole new level for me once again!! Already planning and looking forward to next season with it!! :D

Best of Luck over on Texada! hope you find a Biggie or two in your quest!

Cheers,
Nog

Thanks Nog! most deer on the islands around here are around 100lbs, the biggie i got last year their was 120lbs and sporting nice 3x3 head gear. While the coastal mainlands can push the 250lb class.
Im on the same page as you lol Definately addicting with the bow getting within 40 yards of the suckers.
It hurts watching a cranker walk by you past 50 yards not having the rifle. I think the rifle will be sitting the case for a longtime... Unless a moose draw comes my way, then its commin out to make sure the job gets done :)
Sure was a blast getting an elk draw with the bow this year.. Wata fun hunt!
Going to try some coyote hunting with the bow this winter when the snow level comes down

Dave

Dam today was tuff....Bordum set in... Glad my tags were all used. But today I was not sure what to do.First day in months that the deers were safe.. I bet they were all over the place laughing at some of you.. Cleaned and oiled the units up and changed the chokes... So Sad :(

Lorne come on man...Ducks???

Well at least the freezer remained full this fall... :)

Back