Hunting: 2011

Nice buck nog thats a bit of a freak hey!!! good one though love them weird horned buggers we got one a few years back in sask with kickers and crap one word AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!
keep em coming!!!

wolf

Nice 'Chernobyl buck' there Nog.

Is he sleeping?

Nice 'Chernobyl buck' there Nog.

Is he sleeping?

He is indeed a bit of a weird one alright! My Wing Man took him down on the Island a few days ago. Strangest rack I've ever seen on a blacktail, for sure! He is going to get this one mounted. Sweet!

Oh, and yeah, he's "sleeping"... as in permanently!!
1.gif

Cheers,
Nog

Thats a ruffed grouse male. as for the weird horns its not a "typical"rack it has a weird formation we call them non typical and what is sought most after especially drop points

Wolf

The buck pictured below would be considered "typical". 4 points per side. Many do not carry the "brow tines" as this one does.

Sitkablacktailtypical_Baicthal_600c.jpg

Getting one this size is REALLY no small task! Damn SNEAKY Buggers!
A non-typical on the Island is another even tougher nut to crack. Buddy did well!

Cheers,
Nog

NOW thats a beaut thats a buck of a lifetime there was hoping that was the one you were chasing last year nog!!!

... was hoping that was the one you were chasing last year nog!!!

Certainly is the Buck of a Lifetime Buddy! Extremely rare to see an Island Deer of this quality!

That said, I've been working on one in the same class for a couple of weeks now! Hope he survived the long weekend's onslaught, and is waiting for me in the next few days... :D

Cheers,
Nog

Just back from 2 weeks in the Peace Country, will post up story and photos soon. With full rut going on for BT's here on the Island, my son is still in full on hunt mode...hard to get him fully refocused on Hockey and School...

J.

Mom just got back from hunting with Jim Shockey in Sask, nailed a nice buck that they are guessing could score about 160. Had a blast and a good anniversary gift from my Dad, here are some pictures.

heathersdigitalendingnovember2011416.jpg

heathersdigitalendingnovember2011721.jpg

I'm just a hunter of fish as well, but man those are nice shots! Might just have to take it up, I'd very much like to fill my freezer with some of those beasts, especially moose. Great pics and congrats to all, must be awesome to have that experience with your buds and family.

@Wolf - are most of the bears you saw grizzlies? Even the sow in the shot looks scary as hell, how far was she? Unpredictable with the cubs in tow? Looks like she's eyeballin ya and trying to decide what to do......would make me a tad nervous. Can't imagine trying to take a shot at a charging Grizz.....Keeping you cool is just a little important huh LOL

Wow! Thanks for posting that Serengeti. That sucker's big as a Buffalo.

Missed my chance at a 4x3 in Jr last weekend. will be back at it in the AM! What a beauty buck thought. Huge thick neck on him!

Anybody ever had any luck rattling for blacktails?

-Steve

Mom just got back from hunting with Jim Shockey in Sask, nailed a nice buck that they are guessing could score about 160. Had a blast and a good anniversary gift from my Dad, here are some pictures.

heathersdigitalendingnovember2011416.jpg

heathersdigitalendingnovember2011721.jpg

What a Beauty Seem you guys do everything large scale. Fishing, hunting, Boats. Congrats on the deer!

Off to the mainland packing pointy sticks tomorrow EARLY!
Wish me a little Luck!
Hope to have something worthwhile to post about upon my return... :D

Cheers,
Nog

Back