Hows The Hunting Going Folks?

IronNoggin

Usually see a thread on Hunting by this time of year?
Makes me wonder what's been happening out there??

Only been out for blacktails twice, dragging along Buddies and looking for them and not myself. First run was successful (deer # 14 of 19 sighted).
Second run only saw 8, and did not capitalize.

Now back from my LEH Moose Run. A LOT of Miles (1,200 Miles!) on the truck, a LOT of miles on the boots (extractions at 1,000+ yards, and 2,500 yards), and the bones are aching a tad. True "Wilderness Experience", hacking in our own trails, no quads, boats or horses, and Remote Country at it's Finest!

I'll let the pictures do the talking from here:

Matt_1.jpg

Ricky_1.jpg

Nog_2.jpg

Nog_Loaded_Packs_2.jpg

Heads_3.jpg

Loaded_All_1.jpg

Meat_Forest.jpg

So... Still a few chores to be accomplished, but we can be downright FUSSY for the balance of the season now!

How's everyone else's fall shaking out :confused:

Wondering...
Nog

Congrats, looks like some nice eating there. :)

No planned hunts for me this year I know SHOCKING!!!!!! no draws and first time in 14 years not going to sask.....going to mexico instead to go fishing in december, Been out a few times saw some small bucks didnt shoot alot of bears but have successfully taken alot of firewood and chantrele mushrooms out in 2 weeks im sure a buck will be hitting the ground as i thinking an earlier rut this year as fall is WAY on its way and seen a few bucks already sniffing does.
Congrats on the Moose buddy good work!!!! want me to make some sausages for ya LOL LOL

Good luck Wolf

No planned hunts for me this year I know SHOCKING!!!!!!

Say WHAT???
jaw-dropping.gif

That is Damn Surprising Buddy! You were one of the main targets of the question posed in this thread!
Oh well... Always next year I guess...

Thought I was UP for Elk, Moose & Mulies over in Alberta this fall. Missed on all, and so despite my Outfitter's whining, I won't be wandering over there this year either. Murphy being who he is, I will now likely draw all damn three next season! LOL!

im sure a buck will be hitting the ground as i thinking an earlier rut this year as fall is WAY on its way and seen a few bucks already sniffing does.

Simply Pre-Rut Jitters is all you're seeing here Man! Despite what many may think, the rut happens extremely close to the same time of year each and every fall. The onset of that is governed by daylight hours (Diurnal) which ensures the wee ones drop about the same time every spring. Weather DOES play a role, but only to the extent of effecting Intensity. The Bucks are always hoping though, just like we used to be in the bars at an early age... ;)

That said, I have heard of a few already taking the Dirt Nap. Hope you find one worthy of bringing home in the next little while!
I'll be on that as soon as I get the moose cut & wrapped, and of course a little "healing" to both the aging body and the truck...

Congrats on the Moose buddy good work!!!! want me to make some sausages for ya LOL LOL

Now THAT's a GOOD One Buddy!
laugh.gif

Appreciate the offer, but methinks I might be able to muddle my way through...
smoke.gif

Best of Luck chasing down that Big Blacktail my Friend!

Cheers!
Nog

I KNOW I KNOW LOL
but it was simply time to pass for a year PLUS I got a dream job working for a local sausage shop . we make just about everything sausages,bacon all smoked pep, all kinds of smokies etc. and best of all im learning more and more regarding smoking different meats etc and only mins from my house.The products are very good and can say im proud to work there really like the pepperonis and smokies damn good food

So im putting it out to any local hunters who want stuff like this made to let me know and we can set it up for you... there is 1 forum member who I just butchered his moose for them and hes getting some smoked back soon ill let him tell you what he thinks.

Good luck Wolf

Hoping to kick off my next addiction. Writing the CORE test tonight then it's time to gear up for hunting. Wife's not too impressed with my new hobby, doesn't like guns and doesn't like the fact that progress on the honey do list has slowed to crawl :) Can't wait to get out there :)

Hunting is really cheap, so she should be happy about that. About the same as fishing.

Congrats Noggin

well just got back from Wolfs place....AWESOME sausage. Smoked Chorizo, Super Dogs and Pepperoni. I think I ate 10 pounds of it already.

We had a good trip 4 swamp donkeys 53.5 inch, 53 inch, 48 inch and 42 inch. 1 caribou. Got 2 moose in the same day, 1 the day after and 1 a day after that. The meat poles were full and now freezers are full

Definately go see Wolf for sausage.

Attachments

• 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 660
  • 076.jpg
    076.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 664
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Jack but the credit goes to where it belongs WITH the company im learning tons and hes teaching me more than Ive ever expected the products we use are good quality and we clean and sanitize everything, and yes have to admit I snuck a few too LOL and was mighty good eats but it always is been there for a month now and product is always spot on as we are sticklers for detail, as many who know me Im a bit fussy when it comes to prep and cooking,
So if anyone wants these products made let me know we can always use more business......

Good luck Wolf

Now we're starting to Roll!

Sounds like a Hell of a trip ReelAffair! Must have damn near taken a reefer unit to get all that meat out!!
Great moose in your pix btw! Congrats!!

And Kelly, THAT is a Most Excellent Blacktail!! Especially so if an Island Buck!
Let's hear a little more on that one if you're able...

Keep 'Em Coming Gentz! ;)

Cheers,
Nog

Ya it was an island buck. I wasn't there but he said he tried a new area and spotted it first thing up on a bluff. He said another nice buck was with it. Lucky bugger!

Decided to try some gator hunting since I live in Florida. It took three nights but we finally found a decent one 10'4". It's interesting trying to hookup something as big as the boat you're in that would happily eat you if you don't get it first all while IN THE DARK! Meat is very mild in flavor but is a little tough. Try to use up the second tag tomorrow night but no more waiting on a big one: hopefully the meat will be more tender as well.

Wow Kelly, that is agreat buck for the island!! Congrats to Bobber Jon!!!

Had our annual moose hunt and came back with this guy.

Plus some action on bulls that did not make the grade

Had some sphinxter tighning action as well....had a sow grizz with 3 cubs at 12 yards....she decided that two crazy idiots yelling and screaming and a dog barking like crazy was not her cup of tea and went the other way.......

Good luck to all the rest of the season.

Cheers

SS

Back