How did you plumb your kicker motor

Paul Burak

How did you guys plumb your kicker I have a four a four stroke want to plumb it into my racor fuel filter beside my big motor. Do you guys just plum it straight in or do you put anything in the line to stop it from taking fuel from the other motor

For a buddy of mine teed it off but then put a valve on it so now every time he has to open the valve to run the kicker and turn it off at the end of the day no big deal once you get into a rountine.
On my boat was lucky has 2 pick up tubes so 2 seperate filters one for the main one for the kicker. might check to see if you have a fitting and you can put another pick up tube in.

Good luck wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

Same as LC for me...I've got both plumbed off of the same filter but have bulbs between the filter and engine (both main and kicker) which seems to prevents drawback. Never had a problem (knock on wood).

My setup is the same as ratherbefishing, two separate lines off the filter each fed thru a priming bulb to the motors.
If you only have one outlet on the filter and want to tee off the line to the main engine to feed the kicker, you may have a problem with drawback and might have to install check valves (instead of relying on the primer bulbs) in the lines to each engine.

Luck

My kicker wouldn't suck fuel all the way from the main tank and through the filter. I ran mine off a separate tank in the lockup at the back. Sometimes it's nice to have two separate fuel sources in case one gets contaminated.

I have a tee in the line after my Racor. I then have shut off valves that go to each engine engines. The primer bulbs are between the shut offs and the engines.

It's worked great for me.

I also plumbed off the secondary npt out going port on my racor but i plumbed in a standard male yamaha fuel quick connect to the racor and plug in my 8 hp kicker to that. This allows me to easily disconnect the kicker and hook up to a spare 2.5 gallon portable gas can as a reserve if i get into fuel problems.

I learned, by teeing off the filter and that worked great, on every engine until the last one. It was a 7.4 and teeing off the filter didn't work. There was to much suction from the 7.4. It was to strong and did create problems. I ended up having to install a separate fuel line directly from the tank!

Back