Horrible Horgan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bc economy is almost guaranteed To crash on the next 4 years I can see it everywhere.

Used boats went way up, housing is way up, impossible to get a reservation at a returant, help wanted signs everywhere

Regardless of the government in power it was going to happen.

Unless of coarse the bc government opens up even more immigration and pumps more foreign money into the economy.

It's all about choosing the least of the evils....
look at your net after tax dollars, you will surely see less of them
with this gov't
It should be about what the majority of the population gets for those tax dollars instead of just making the top 1% even wealthier. There has been rampant corruption in the province for the past 16 years and it's nice to know someone is fighting for change. But hey if a few hundred dollars a year buys you a few more luckys and that's all you care about then yah ***** away.

Well maybe you should take a look at this :(
Tax increases for working families:

1.) Eliminate the BC Education Tax Credit for students effective 2019.
2.) Increase carbon tax by 17% effective April 1 2018.
3.) Increase certain passenger vehicle sales tax (PST) by up to 50% effective April 1 2018.
4.) Retroactively apply PST to software maintenance charges (incl updates), like your Microsoft Office updates on your computer, to April 1 2013.
5.) Charge PST to AirBnB customers.
6.) Increase Motor Vehicle Fuel Tax in Capital region by 57%.
7.) Increase Tobacco Tax by 12% on individual cigarettes, and increase it by 53% on loose tobacco.
8.) Instate a tax of $5 per $1000 of assessed value, increasing to $20 per $1000, on homes owned by people who may work out of province.

Do you have a link to this information because some of this seems odd.
As an example number 3 of your working families list.
"3.) Increase certain passenger vehicle sales tax (PST) by up to 50% effective April 1 2018."

This increase of PST is only for passenger vehicles over $125,000 so unless working families have changed since I last checked this seems to be misinformation.
page 66
http://bcbudget.gov.bc.ca/2018/bfp/2018_Budget_and_Fiscal_Plan.pdf

with this gov't
You are right as long as you make more than 250,000 a year that is.....

with this gov't

We did up here and the evil ones are on opposition where they belong. The farther those idiots are away from controlling the ministry of evironment the better.

Last edited:
I forgot what the Liberals did to make the strong economy maybe you can remind us of a couple of things.Besides of course doubling our dept.

I have no love for the Liberals or any political group for that matter.
I will say we have experienced growth and stability for quite a few years
making B.C. one of the strongest provinces in the country.
Unemployment is the lowest in decades.
The last NDP gov't ended in a criminal investigation,
buy hey time will tell.

buy hey time will tell.
I was just looking for an example of something the Liberals did for the "strong economy". And I think you got your party mixed up it was the Liberals that just had one of thier operatives recieve a sentence for the quick wins scandal. Anyone can ride an explosion of unsourced foriegn money to great hieghts but the cost to the young and old people living here is extreme unless of course your lucky enough to have a house for sale.

Google “Liberals skim billions from ICBC”.

Google NDP budget shortfalls. :rolleyes:

We are gong to create a real estate speculators tax to curb speculation....yet we see revenues from it increasing 150% from year 1 go 2. So....we are creating a tax to slow things down yet we see revenue from said tax increasing massively.

We're going to get rid of MSP premiums sometime in 2020 (just like we're going to $10 child care and provide a renters rebate:rolleyes:)...and pass the expense on to business via a tax....and that tax comes into play in 2019?? So the Dips will double dip for a year?

Lots of promises much like the election...see the brackets above....that ain't gonna happen. All we are gonna see is getting taxed out the butt.

buy hey time will tell.
Glen Clark was cleared of all charges - former Liberal leader Gordon Campbell though, is a convicted criminal.

Political aides David Basi and Bob Virk were also convicted (taxpayers paid 6 million for their legal fees), and Liberal staffer Brian Bonney convicted.

Last edited:
We are gong to create a real estate speculators tax to curb speculation....yet we see revenues from it increasing 150% from year 1 go 2. So....we are creating a tax to slow things down yet we see revenue from said tax increasing massively.

I would expect revenues from taxes because that's how it works. If they were credits then we would see the opposite. I'm no fan of any tax but if this one help young families afford thier first house then bring it on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back