Crew Member
Site C... ok
Chinese purchase of Site C contractor... ok
Foreign buy out of BC real estate ...ok
Fish farms... ok
Asian tankers... ok
BC hydro execs and gov't pals still pigging out...ok
...lots more.

I did not vote NDP for this. I must invoke a Pascal Wager thing and go Green.

http://business.financialpost.com/p...erty-in-new-zealand-canada-should-do-the-same
https://thetyee.ca/Opinion/2018/01/18/Housing-Crisis-Really-About-Globalization/

"Ownership is hidden in Canada because the country is a giant secrecy haven where anyone from anywhere can, and does, buy properties through offshore shell companies, nominee shareholders, trusts, or law firm fronts.

This flood of hidden dirty money from offshore is widespread so how can a federal government agency state that foreign ownership is minuscule? Worse, how many billions has the CMHC loaned to “owners” hiding behind fronts that are not entitled to mortgages subsidized by Canadian taxpayers?"

Realtor acquaintance says Chinese presently looking at Alberni farmland to raise "blueberries".

Just the tip of the iceberg IMHO.
By the time the NDP/Green alliance is done, we will be a "have not" province.

Last edited:
I would never ever vote another liberal party member in. They are horrible party that did a lot of damage to communities and environment in last few years. Maybe NDP are doing some unpopular things but liberals were just as bad. The NDP though are involved right now with a complete overhaul of the professional reliance model. For salmon enhancement,and water protection this is very good thing. The liberals were pro industry but they also woudl bend the science to get projects approve even it impacted out fish just to get to "YES".

There was a reason the last time they were in power they were voted out, and only had two seats after the election. How quick we forget!
I remember but the rest were probably smoking so much weed they forgot.

Oh by the way, they really didn't win the election but bargained their way in.

I remember but the rest were probably smoking so much weed they forgot.

Oh by the way, they really didn't win the election but bargained their way in.

The liberals lost power and it could have been prevented. They had minority government (primarily in seats from the interior) and lost confidence in government. On the island a very large issue they tried hard to stamp out, and it failed miserably for them. There is reason why my community has one of the green MLA's, and quite happy with what went on. Maybe if the liberals actually listened to that person she would never had run for the election. That was what happened. It changed the election. Anyway I will bail in this discussion as I am sure it will get shutdown. We all never really agree on politics on here anyway. Bigger stuff with our fisheries to worry about at the moment!

Site C... ok
Fish farms... ok
Asian tankers... ok
...lots more.

I did not vote NDP for this. I must invoke a Pascal Wager thing and go Green.

http://business.financialpost.com/p...erty-in-new-zealand-canada-should-do-the-same
https://thetyee.ca/Opinion/2018/01/18/Housing-Crisis-Really-About-Globalization/

"Ownership is hidden in Canada because the country is a giant secrecy haven where anyone from anywhere can, and does, buy properties through offshore shell companies, nominee shareholders, trusts, or law firm fronts.

This flood of hidden dirty money from offshore is widespread so how can a federal government agency state that foreign ownership is minuscule? Worse, how many billions has the CMHC loaned to “owners” hiding behind fronts that are not entitled to mortgages subsidized by Canadian taxpayers?"

Realtor acquaintance says Chinese presently looking at Alberni farmland to raise "blueberries".

I’ll admit I voted NDP this last time. Tired of funding Liberal crap that I don’t support. Now I get to pay more for gas and all other environmental issues that actually mean something to me get passed over. I just don’t get why the greens don’t rake him over the coals? The only reason they’re in at all is the greens sided with them. If they (greens) think they’re getting in again they’re dreaming. Time for Weaver to grow a pair and tell Horgan to take a flying f”@rk and and that we’re doing it this way or no way. Horgan thinks he has the power but It’s actually Weaver that could call the shots if he just manned up.

Last edited:
People will come to their senses in 3 years and vote out these clowns after they botch everything up.
Appreciate your optimism, Scott. I don’t think the “coalition” is going to last that long though. The honeymoon is already over... ;)

I’ll admit I voted NDP this last time. Tired of funding Liberal crap that I don’t support. Now I get to pay more for gas and all other environmental issues that actually mean something to me get passed over. I just don’t get why the greens don’t rake him over the coals? The only reason they’re in at all is the greens sided with them. If they (greens) think they’re getting in again they’re dreaming. Time for Weaver to grow a pair and tell Horgan to take a flying f”@rk and and that we’re doing it this way or no way. Horgan thinks he has the power but It’s actually Weaver that could call the shots if he just manned up.
Weaver can bluster, threaten and pout, but he needs the NDP in order to get the Proportional Representation Bill passed prior to the next election.

It'll be interesting to see what happens on the next go-around. Sure won't be any centre-right voters parking their vote with the greens to protest a tired BCL government. Several of my friends did exactly that and were infuriated to realize that a Green vote turned out to be a de facto NDP vote.

Weaver threw away the chance to bargain hard on every major policy decision in exchange for getting a single finger on the steering wheel another guy is holding. Some Greens would have hated the BCL so much that they wouldn't have forgiven him for missing the opportunity to stage a palace coup but we'll see how that works out if and when they realize that the NDP aren't particularly environmentally friendly either.

Shoot me now also. Still cannot believe what people still think. (Fooled good) Can't wait for the new carbon tax. We will see how us sportsmen and women are doing in a year. I bet lots will want Mrs. Clark back. Never had my outdoor activities closed under them, have now, and I think its only the beginning. Did send an email to Mr. Horton stating my concerns, got the electronic reply. Lets remember he was NEVER voted in as Premier, only by getting in bed with the enemy (his a week earlier) did he assume Premier. I await for a repeat of history in all Provinces that NDP ran.

HM

Site C... ok
Fish farms... ok
Asian tankers... ok
...lots more.

Can you clarify what was not going on before he came to power I am unsure of your argument.
I believe the federal government has the last say on whether Aecon is bought out by the Chinese (if that is the company in question)
Site C toss up if it was a good idea or not.
Why other tankers and not Asians are you in the industry and know they are bad or worse than other transportation companies.
Fish farms suck but it's not something your going to shutdown overnight.
BC hydro has always been a trough for the pigs to make big money.
Foreign real estate buying ongoing for along time, but it goes on in many countries all over the world, like us Canadians buying in Mexico or Brits buying in Spain. Would be nice if they could somehow limit the criminal money laundering aspect of it though!
Anyway just something to think about and I don't really care what party is in power so that is not my argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back