Hoar Frost

Tailspin

Yup! That time of year again. 19 degrees in vic, Did the Hali thing or at least attempted to on monday. Headed out of pedder at 0630 and gave her a go, it wasn't to bad at first, slight breeze outta the North. Jockied into position, ready to set the anchor and all of the sudden ka-BOOM. Wind in the trees sounded like a freight train, howling out of the East. So we packed her in and headed for home.
Got home and not a breeze, smoking hot. Dusted off the wakeboards, gathered up the boys and headed to the glass on the lake.
Dropped the boat in, fired her up, threw the rope to the boyz on the dock and off we went. Three dock starts and a few laps across the lake and no one wet yet. So im thinking this is cool, My turn. So a we nip of rum and my butt sitting on the edge of the dock and here we go. Buddy drops the lever and of i go, flying across the lake as if it were a hot summer day. Hit the wake a few times , no problem, feeling good and then it happens. One little three sixty, catch an edge and down i go. my boys hit the water, ice up and run for cover. Apparantly the water is a wee bit cool still, wetsuite or not. So Dickie T draggs my carcuss up the ladder passes a nip and off we go.

Back