Help with Uploading Insight Maps onto Sounder

agentaqua

Hey - I was hoping someone on here might be able to help.

I have been able to use Insight Genesis to merge trips and export a zipped file containing the 5 files (including the *at5 files) that are supposed to give you contours from your soundings. I have several times loaded those unzipped files onto my sounder (Lowrance Elite 5) using the mini SD card - in different folders - turning the unit off and on. Nothing happens.

For the life of me I cannot get any further wrt installing what should be a contour map onto my sounder.

Has anyone else had this problem? and found a solution?

Much appreciated - rather frustrated at this point...

Thanks, Bones. I did that - and nothing happened. Nothing popped up to install the charts - no contours showing - nothing.

However, after a few hours of trying different things - I stumbled on switching the chart source from the Navionics charts database on the mini SD card over to the coarse base chart that came w the plotter.

All of a sudden - the contours magically appeared. Nothing in the sounder manual or the Insight Genesis FAQ or web pages to suggest that this was the problem.- or what 2 do.

So if anyone else has this issue - that is what worked 4 me. Thanks for the reply, Bones!

It should prompt you when card is inserted. Share your loads to social site for everyone to use

Back