HDS 12 Gen 2 latest software issue

tains

Crew Member
I recently updated the software on the unit. When I edited the overlay info and changed the size of text and added the time. Hit save and everything is fine. When I turn the unit off and turn back on every thing defaults to small text no time etc. Any body else have this issue. I phoned Harbor Chandler and they said bring it in. I'm using the boat this weekend and was hoping for help here first.
Thanks.

Glad to hear it worked for you. I recently had an issue where the depth numbers were not showing on the map. Looked all over in the manual and on-line, but found no answer - so I did a soft-reset and voila the depth numbers showed again.

Very interesting!! What and how is a soft start done??

I have the same unit but different issue that just started and the latest update is loaded.
When I switch pages out of the chart and then go back to chart only a 1/3rd. of the screen has the chart on it. It's the full chart but just a 1/3rd. version. If I shut down the unit and turn it back on the chart page is the full screen.

Any idea what might be going on??

Tried the soft reset and no change with the chart. It seems though now that the unit loads quicker between pages.

Back