Halibut/lingcod reel

Discussion in 'Saltwater Fishing Forum' started by Randy waugh, Mar 12, 2017.

1. Fishtofino

Fishtofino Well-Known Member

Enjoy!
    One big thing to remember is to back the lever drag completely off before doing a drag adjustment. I made that mistake and it cost me but has been bullet proof after that

Randy waugh likes this.
  2. cj6530

cj6530 Member

Also remember to fish it within it's drag capabilities (around 12lb). If you set the drag any higher the handle will start to bind crushing the pinion bearing.

3. Randy waugh

Randy waugh New Member

do you guys store the reel with the drag off right?

4. Randy waugh

Randy waugh New Member

IMG_2138.JPG IMG_2137.JPG

Attached Files:

5. TheBigGuy

TheBigGuy Well-Known Member

Very nice looking reel. Omg made in USA still on the label. Nice to see all the reel builders haven't bailed on North American based manufacturing.

Randy waugh likes this.
  6. Rob H

Rob H Member

It is best to store your reel with the drag backed off mostly. I leave the clicker engaged so that I can hear when/if line is going out when handling/transporting the rod and reel. I have had the same reel for more than 5 years and love it for jigging both halibut and lings. It will easily handle 2 lb on a spreader bar if required as well, but mine is used mostly for jigging.

...Rob

Dogbreath and Randy waugh like this.
  7. cj6530

cj6530 Member

I store mine completely backed off with the clicker on. Keep the drag on though during the end day fresh water hose down....then back them off. I tie a down rigger ball at the end of my line to set my drags at the correct drag setting.

8. oilslick

oilslick Member

Your going to love that reel, congrats